Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Congratulations to the Primfriends and Mr. Anthy!

:D :D :D
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

OOoooo, I LIKE the idea of "Primfriends". :)

Can *I* be a Primfriend? :horse:
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

<pencils Anthy in>

You complete goof. :hug:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

:sunny:
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
PrinceAlarming
Interferes With Natural Selection

Post by PrinceAlarming »

A couple of people that I work very closely with could use some prayer, kind thoughts, and positive energy sent their way.

First, Pam, a mother of two in her 40s, a great ER nurse, and a wonderful human being, has been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. She had put the cancer into remission many years ago, but it has come back and is now metastatic; it is in her bones and her brain. She was still working despite the nausea inducing treatment regimen, and always has a smile on her face. Apart from the occasional trips to the back of the department for injections of an anti-emetic, she maintained her sunny disposition and giant, warm smile. She is truly a hero to all those who know her.

Last week while at home, Pam had a seizure and ended up breaking her neck in a few places. She is now in a hospital in Boston where she will receive the rest of her treatment before going home. There has been a tremendous outpouring of support for her; a large benefit has been coordinated to raise money for her. The worst part is that the US Air Force, in which Pam is a captain and a 20 year veteran, is giving her problems with her life insurance.

Yay government.

She is getting a lot of love and a lot of help from all those she has touched over the years, but I thought it might do some good if people from all over the world knew of her and could perhaps slip a little prayer in there for her. If you are interested in her cause you can visit www.HelpPam.com for more information.

On another note, a good friend and ambulance colleague of mine, who wishes to remain anonymous, has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He is 23 years old, has a new baby, and just got into paramedic school. Although he has been very quiet and private about the entire ordeal, I wish to spread the word, and maybe we can remember him in our prayers as well.

Thank you all for your thoughts.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

They will both be in my prayers. What difficult turns their lives have taken. :(
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

That is so hard. :( Prayers going up from me, too.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

And mine, Prince A...

:hug:
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

And mine, as well.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

I would appreciate any gentle prayers or good thoughts for my aunt Diana, who recently was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. She will be starting chemotherapy soon, and all we can do is hope for the best. She is a special lady.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

She is in my prayers, and so are you, my friend. :hug:
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Prayers for both of you. :hug:
halplm
hooked

Post by halplm »

I need prayers for me, my family, my friends, and their families... there are lots of tough times going on right now...
For the TROUBLED may you find PEACE
For the DESPAIRING may you find HOPE
For the LONELY may you find LOVE
For the SKEPTICAL may you find FAITH
-Frances C. Arrillaga 1941-1995
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

I'm really sorry to hear that, hal! I'll be praying for all of you. Hang in there.
:hug:
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Voronwë, what a tough thing to face after the loss of your Stepdad. Having to provide emotional support to your family from across the country is really tearing. You and your Mom (and Beth too, of course) are in my thoughts. Is Diana your Mom's sister?

hal, I will keep your family in my thoughts too, that things work out for all of you.
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

hal, I'm praying for you and your family. :hug:
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks, Jn. Diana is my Dad's sister (but was quite close to my Mom when they were still married, and they still have a lot of affection for each other).

hal, you and your family will also be in my prayers.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

And mine, Hal.
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

Hal, you and your family and friends are in my prayers as well.

I haven't been here in quite a while, but I think of all of you, you're always in my thoughts and prayers.
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

We miss you when you're away, Trazzie! :hug: