Favorite artists - contribute!

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Re: Favorite artists - contribute!

Post by narya »

For those of you who love Van Gogh (you know who you are!) there's this virtual tour on January 2nd:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/van-gogh-m ... 5184010167
I have already taken two virtual tours by the Washington DC History and Culture group and have been underwhelmed each time. But it is by volunteers, and it's free, and who knows, the next tour might be better. It's worth checking out.

In the page linked above there are links to two previously recorded programs, one on Monet, one on Frida Kahlo, by the same tour guide, to give you an idea of what the Van Gogh program will be like.
Last edited by narya on Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That is -- and has been for a long time -- sold out, unfortunately. We tried to get reservations months ago, and I just tried again. No dice.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Well, it should be posted on their website, once it is done.
https://www.youtube.com/c/WashingtonDCH ... ure/videos
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Thought I'd bump this up with some Ukrainian artists people might want to support. Especially those who sell digital art, since their ability to make and ship things may be limited.

Anna Titova has adorable downloadable art in her Etsy shop, and I would absolutely love some of the jewelry.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!