ROP headed to Comic-Con

For discussion of Amazon's new television show "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

ROP headed to Comic-Con

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

This certainly falls into the category of "no big surprise" but it still is significant news. No mention of a trailer, but I'm sure that will be part of the presentation

‘Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’ Headed To Comic-Con
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Eldy
Drowning in Anadûnê

Re: ROP headed to Comic-Con

Post by Eldy »

Yeah, if they've staked out Hall H, it's hard to imagine they won't be premiering a trailer. That's later than I would've expected (I was thinking there'd be one in June, based on the timeline they followed in the run-up to The Wheel of Time S1 last year), but someone on TORn speculated they'd wait until Comic-Con and then keep up a constant stream of marketing and sneak peeks for the entirety of August, straight through to the premiere date on September 2.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: ROP headed to Comic-Con

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I suppose it is possible that they will premiere a trailer earlier, and then go with more extensive "exclusive footage" at comic-con? Maybe? Probably not.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."