Die Fledermaus Zuhaus

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Die Fledermaus Zuhaus

Post by elengil »

Premiering in just about 5 hours, a friend of mine is in an opera performance that is going to be streamed on Youtube today. I figured Jude may particularly enjoy this!

The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Die Fledermaus Zuhaus

Post by Frelga »

Fun! Which one is your friend?
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
elengil

Post by elengil »

LOL I'm not familiar at all with this opera so I have no idea what her character is, but she looks like she's dressed as a maid? Blond hair, black outfit, white apron.
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
elengil

Post by elengil »

And apparently she shows up again in a cream/gold dress and white gloves.
was a 2020 planner.

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Adele! Oh, she was brilliant!
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

elengil

Post by elengil »

This is the same friend who'd sing opera from her window every evening to the quarantined city/neighbors during that first lockdown. :love:
was a 2020 planner.

elengil

Post by elengil »

:doh: so if I hadn't missed the first 10 minutes of the show I would have known what the heck was going on and I'd have known what part my friend was playing :roll:
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

What a wonderful show of creativity! I saw the beginning but still had a hard time figuring out what was going on, but I've been feeling a bit under the weather so..
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Right, because they only did the singing parts, not the talking parts. I can see how that would be confusing. Especially because the talking parts are hilarious.

I absolutely adore the 1979 Soviet movie. It's on YouTube with English subtitles. The first 20 minutes or so should fill you in on the plot.

https://youtu.be/8aQjC60HkV4

elengil

Post by elengil »

OMG there she is :love:
She didn't share that video with us before, youtube just suggested it. :rofl:
was a 2020 planner.