My House in a Blender

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
RoseMorninStar

Re: My House in a Blender

Post by RoseMorninStar »

WOW. So many cool things! yov, you represented your home very well in your project! I love those shelves.

Maria.. your projects are really cool too. You must have a 3-D printer?
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

We have a combination laser engraver/ 3D printer, which sounds cooler than it is. Each time he switches from 3D printing to laser engraving, he has to disassemble the working part of the printer. switch the head, and then re-level every thing or it won't work at all .... and apparently it's a pain. Both gadgets use the same hardware for moving in 3 dimensions, which is why they can do two such dissimilar functions in one machine. The laser is really underpowered, though, and after a year and a half he's already wishing for a stronger (faster) laser. It can take all day to burn the leather on those coasters, all the while pouring out stinky burning leather smell. We've got it set up in a bathroom and always burn with the window open, the fan on and the door shut with cloth stuffed under the door. The same thing with 3D printing, for that matter. I can't stand plastic fumes.

I was pretty enthralled at first at the thought of something I designed on a computer being printed out in reality- but I got over it. I'd rather do fiber arts.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Is it a snapmaker Maria?
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

It's a Bibo.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/25 ... shield-rc2

I have no idea if it's of any use to anyone but apparently you can make a face shield out of printed parts and soda bottles.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Yes, or document binder covers.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End