The History of the Silmarils - a serialization

A forum for our members to collaborate on scripts adapted from Tolkien's works, patterned on the massive LOTR screenplay authored by ToshoftheWuffingas.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

:bang: Maybe it's so Maglor can tell them apart? Image

btw...I would prefer to be called Elen, if you don't mind. It's only 2 extra letters but they make a difference to me. I'm sure I told that other SA guy once, too...)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

I am editing my past posts to you as we we speak. :)

Sorry about that. Being called "Peggy" gets on my nerves too!
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Peggy? I like it!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Passdagas the Brown

Or Rad or Raddy. Blech.

Worse yet, Bob. Can't stand being called Bob.
Voronwë the Faithful

Don't worry, Peggy, I won't call you Rad or Raddy or Bob.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
kzer_za

Post by kzer_za »

Did Passy say something? ;)
Voronwë the Faithful

Or maybe "Gassy"? 8)
Passdagas the Brown

Did you have a question? :)
Voronwë the Faithful

Yeah. What's your name? :scratch:
Passdagas the Brown

You guessed it right. I respond best to Gassy, which is, incidentally, the most accurate.
Voronwë the Faithful

How about "Brownie"? Then when make a good post, we can say "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." 8)
Passdagas the Brown

Sure. That is, if you enjoy being hit in the face with a fish.

:salmon:
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

:rofl:

(And thanks :hug: )
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Next instalment up!

I hope to goodness I have got the terms of the revoking of the Noldor Ban correct...I am sure you will advise me if not, V (you don't mind if I call you V, do you, Voronwë? :) )

I will be attempting to portray the deaths of Maedhros and Maglor, but since those events will take without witnesses, in this instalment I thought it might be neater to have Eönwë's brief foretelling to give a sense of closure for those at the camp.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

You can call me V; just don't call me late for dinner! (Sorry couldn't resist.)

I hope when you say "the deaths of Maedhros and Maglor" that is a shorthand and you really mean Maedhros's death and Maglor ambiguous fate, as unless I am misremembering, Tolkien never described Maglor's death, just his throwing the Silmaril in the Sea and singing in pain and regret by the waves. I have always loved that image (if loved is the right word), and would hate to lose it.

I'll read the new installment in a little bit!
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Ack, yes! Only death for Maedhros... forgot to engage brain when I was typing earlier!
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

I've read the new installment. I like it. I like it a lot. I think what you did with Celebrimdor works well.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

:whew:

Thanks!
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

With regard to your question about the Ban, Tolkien wrote so many different things, that I don't think it is possible to say with certainty what is "right". But I feel confident in saying that what you did is not "wrong" and I think it works.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

That's how I understood it - that there was no definitive version. But I think Galadriel's words from UT are the most helpful for making sense of it all, in terms of coming up with something for this screenplay.
~Diana Cortes