Second printing question

A forum for discussion of Voronwë's book, Arda Reconstructed: The Creation of the Published Silmarillion
Phibbus

Second printing question

Post by Phibbus »

Hello Voronwë,

I just finally got my copy of Arda Reconstructed, and I should have some time to begin working my way through it, soon.

When I ordered from Amazon, they had (apparently) both the original and second printings available (although the former was not in stock.) The second had a distinct ISBN, and that is the one which i purchased.

Does this printing address some of the errata mentioned in the thread dedicated to that subject, here? Forgive me if this has been asked previously... I was searching for an edition statement, but I wasn't turning up anything.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Hi Phibbus. I'm glad to hear that you got a copy of the book! No, the second printing was a just a reprint, since the first printing ran out. No revisions were made at all.

I'm currently negotiating with the publisher about releasing a softcover edition, but it is unclear whether I will be able to fix the items listed in the errata here (and at the arda-reconstructed.com website) or make any other changes.

I'll look forward to hearing what you think!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Phibbus

Post by Phibbus »

Thanks much for the info, and I do look forward to digging in. Also, very belated congratulations on the review by Nicholas Birns in the 2009 Tolkien Studies: While he does seem to use a good portion of it as a platform for defending Christopher Tolkien's choices, I thought it was quite positive, overall. Hehe... I've been playing catch-up with all things Tolkien, and it was only when I came to that review that I remembered I had never actually gotten my hands on the book, itself.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Yeah, Nick's review was very nice. I was definitely pleased with it.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."