GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

Can I call you Frank?
Why is the duck billed platypus?
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

NE sounds right, and to the point. :)

So you're from Cleveland? Ever heard of a little town called Hinkley some ways south? I used to live there long, long ago. The buzzards used to go there every year. :D
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed:
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

How about pussy cat?

Or little frannypoo?

Sugarplum...
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

Frannypoo???

:rofl:
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

Watch some Monty Python, and all will be explained...
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

Ahh, I see! :rofl: I don't get much Monty Python here....only what I catch on BBC America. John Cleese is totally insane, as is the whole lot of them. Of course I own Holy Grail, which is a must in any household. ;):D
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Trazúviel wrote:Ever heard of a little town called Hinkley some ways south? I used to live there long, long ago. The buzzards used to go there every year. :D
I grew up in North Royalton, and regularly visited Whipps Ledges.
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

I'd say you've heard of it then! :D I have to admit, I've never heard of Whipps Ledges (until I Googled it ;))...then again, I was 11 when we moved away. :roll::P
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

Nice to meet you, Crucifer! I enjoy reading civilized debate, although I usually stay out of them myself - I might act a bit less civilized if I feel provoked.

Brigand, I think I'll call you just that, like I'm used to do elsewhere. :P
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Crucifer wrote:
So, Crucifer . . . do you like children? I mean very young children who wail without cause and whine without reason? Children who ask to be held then complain about the restraint?
Depends on the age. If they;re only wee, like 2/3, then that's fine because they don't know how annoying it is. I hate it in kids of like 7 and up, because it's just annoying.
The baby T. is definitely in the "kids of like 7 and up" crowd. :D.

Welcome Crucifer and Brigand! I'm mostly a lurker these days, so I probably won't bump into you in a thread again. Carry on. :P
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome rwhen! Another familiar name. :)

Come on in and make yourself comfortable! :cheers:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
rwhen

Post by rwhen »

N00b alert. :D ...

I recognize some names already. :D

Hello Rowanberry :wave:

Hiya Voronwë...good to see you!! :D

I will start to check ya out. :D And figure out how to get me a siggie :D

Nice look to the boards however, easy on the eyes.

Later for now,
Rwhen
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Welcome, rwhen! I'm glad you like the look of the boards. We're proud of it. Whistler and Alatar especially put in a lot of time to get it right.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Hello and welcome, rwhen! :wave: Cool to see you here! :D
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
rwhen

Post by rwhen »

Thanks PB for the welcome, we are both fans of Mith and her Snape fanfic..:D I did see your reviews there.

Truehobbit, I know you..:D

Well, I hope to post here regularly now.

See ya on the boards..
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

rwhen, that's another Primula Baggins. :D I think we've both had the name about the same length of time, but I was on TORC while she was elsewhere and on LJ, and we each weren't aware the other existed. She probably still doesn't know I do; I stay fairly quiet, except right here.

Fortunately for everyone's level of confusion, we have different interests; I enjoy the HP books and films, but had to give up reading fanfic years ago—the last time I read any regularly it was X-Files, which, boy, dates me a bit. :D
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

rwhen wrote:Well, I hope to post here regularly now.
Now that you've got such a beautiful avatar picture. :)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Hello, Rwhen! I remember you from TORC. :wave:
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Hah, I'm famous! :D

;)

Of course I know you, too, rhwen :) - you've been on TORC a lot longer than I. :D
We've not posted all that much together yet, but I seem to remember seeing you around in Manwë a bit recently... :D

Soooo - about this Doppelgänger of Prim's - or is it her double life...? :suspicious: :P
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

My TORC time was relatively brief and was all in Movies.

The other Prim is "primula_baggins" and no, hobby, she is not my double life! :x Do I look like someone who has time for two lives? :D

Anyway, if I had another life it wouldn't be another Prim. I'd probably go join Second Life and be a sultry femme fatale leaving a trail of chaos and destruction everywhere I go. And smoking one of those cigarettes in a looooong holder. And I'd have the right kind of feet to wear jeweled spike heels, and I'd be a smoky-voiced chanteuse in my off hours. And my discarded lovers would litter the Almanach de Gotha.

But, fortunately for my husband and kids and the laundry, I don't have the time. :)