Trump Indicted for Conspiring to Overturn the 2020 Election

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Trump Indicted for Conspiring to Overturn the 2020 Election

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

You might feel that way, but I won't. On the contrary, I will believe that the reaction that we are seeing right now is symptomatic of the same malaise that led to Trump being elected and elected again. We shouldn't need the Supreme Court to save us from that.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

I'm not sure you and I are defining "worst" the same way.

- - - - - - - - - -
Edited many hours later to add: this is just the start of what I think the worst will entail.
Voronwë the Faithful

But that "worst" won't be because of anything the Supreme Court has done or hasn't done. It will be because the American people have collectively lost their mind.

And over the top reactions like this one are as much an indication of that as the actions of Trump and his supporters:

ETA: The more I see from Andrew Weissman, the more I reevaluate why the Mueller investigation ultimately failed.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

This substack post from Steve Vladeck about the oral argument is well worth reading.

78. "Writing a Rule ... for the Ages"