Revisiting Rings of Power

For discussion of Amazon's new television show "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"
Snowdog

Revisiting Rings of Power

Post by Snowdog »

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I decided to watch the PJ Lord of the Rings movies as presented on Netflix (theatrical). The parts that were bad before are still bad, and a lot that was ok-ish/decent back twenty years ago hadn't held up to the hands of time.

Anyway, this week we decided to pay Rings of Power a revisit. I have to say the hands of time had helped me appreciate more of the series than when I watched it back last year. Sure, the cringiest moments are still cringy, but I liked much more of the presentation this time around. I'm hoping they file off the sharp edges of Galadriel next season, and don't have over-the-top feats being done.

What I liked even more than before is Khazâd Dum and the dwarves, and the orcs are well done. I even liked the Harfoots more than I did. Ther seemed out of place before, but didn't get that feeling this time around.

Anyone else watch this series again after some passing of time?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: Revisiting Rings of Power

Post by Inanna »

I watched FOTR with the live concert this Feb, and will do the same for TTT Feb 2024. And I did pay far more attention to the movie than I did to the orchestra! Except for when they sang. That was incredible.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude