Elengil's Tolkien Fanart

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Elengil's Tolkien Fanart

Post by Frelga »

:bow: :bow: :bow: That's really amazing!
:love:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Nice el. Is there a reason you've chosen to do mash-ups from other cultural myths?
My heart is forever in the Shire.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Frelga wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:01 am :bow: :bow: :bow: That's really amazing!

RoseMorninStar wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:29 am Nice el. Is there a reason you've chosen to do mash-ups from other cultural myths?
Well I had started doing scenes out of medieval manuscripts, but I always had loved Egypt and I was scrolling through some tomb paintings and saw that scene and thought Oh hey that would make a great "Lúthien before Morgoth" picture and so I gave it a go. But then that got me thinking about how else I could imagine things and so that got me down the Aztec route

Also I did decide to paint it
DSCF6004.JPG
DSCF6004.JPG (358.32 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
I think I've shared this one here before (but honestly couldn't remember where) but I'll share it again:
elwing-earendil-clean.jpg
elwing-earendil-clean.jpg (363.56 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

And during a meeting I wasn't really needed in and wasn't paying the least bit of attention to, I sketched a very sad Elenwë in the water
Elenwe.jpg
Elenwe.jpg (40.26 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

So I guess really I'm just on an uncharacteristic (but very welcome) art kick.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Nice!
(Understatement)

I cannot draw. I can't even doodle. Awed by your talent.
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:33 am Nice!
(Understatement)

I cannot draw. I can't even doodle. Awed by your talent.
:kiss:
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

It’s looking even more incredible after being painted in!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:55 pm It’s looking even more incredible after being painted in!
I am absolutely *smitten* with Jaguar!Beleg, gonna be honest!

Lithe, muscular, silent, deadly, slipping through the underbrush hunting... :love:
was a 2020 planner.

elengil

Post by elengil »

Honestly, though I've never been much of an artist (I find it very draining) I'm surprised how much I'm feeling inspired lately

Spoilered just cause... I dunno, it's tame but I mean there's blood. Well, there's red ink, but you get the idea.

Finrod wrestles the werewolf
Hidden text.
FinrodWerewolf2.png
FinrodWerewolf2.png (167.87 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

That sent shivers down my spine!!!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I need to take inspiration from your inspiration el (and get to work!) I've had a bit of painters block.
My heart is forever in the Shire.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:25 pm That sent shivers down my spine!!!
:hug:
RoseMorninStar wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:57 pm I need to take inspiration from your inspiration el (and get to work!) I've had a bit of painters block.
:cheerleader:
was a 2020 planner.