Gender and threats to "Normality" (spilit from "The challenges ahead")

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Sherriff note: attacking other people's views, even obliquely, is not acceptable here and needs to stop. Moreover, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, expressing a false view that certain individuals are mentally ill or "deviant" also would not be acceptable here and would not be tolerated. I'm going to move this discussion to the already existing thread in Tol Eressëa entitled "Gender and Threats to "Normality'" but I am also going to closely monitor what is written and I won't hesitate to remove things that are not appropriate for this board.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
N.E. Brigand

Re: Gender and threats to "Normality" (spilit from "The challenges ahead")

Post by N.E. Brigand »

A new report from the Deseret News:

"After a girl beat their daughters in sports, Utah parents triggered investigation into whether she was transgender".

The parents complained, the state scholastic athletic association asked the school to investigate, and the school went through years of the girl's records and found that she had indeed been identified as female since kindergarten. The girl and her family never knew that this had happened:

"We didn't get to the parents or the student simply because if all of the questions about eligibility were answered by the school or the feeder system schools, there was no reason to make it a personal situation with a family or that athlete."

I think that means they still don't know.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea
Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem

Re: Gender and threats to "Normality" (spilit from "The challenges ahead")

Post by elengil »

And it's always, always girls/women and girls/women's sports. :nono:
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF