GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Mae govannen, Alandriel!

Thank you so much for stopping in. The best coffee and teas are in the Parlour (and wine and such)!

And welcome to everyone who arrived during the night and early morning - Lord M. and anyone else I've missed (haven't had a chance to look at the memberlist yet)

We need a pancake breakfast here!

Hunter - yes, I had you confused with Harvester. So sorry!

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior

Post by SilverScribe »

puts two fingers in her mouth and whistles softly, a large contingent of Dwarves in Aprons file in quietly and leave trays of pancakes, french toast, waffles, butter, maple syrup (the Real Canadian Stuff), grilled breakfast sausages, slices of sweet ham, soft boiled eggs, platters of fresh cut fruit and baskets of freshly baked croissants . . .

Hey, I may not have in-depth knowledge of the seven sons of Fëanor, but I can command a mean set of kitchen dwarves . . .

:D:D:D
~.~
Actions speak louder than words, but on a messageboard, "you are what you type . . ."
~.~
sylthian

Post by sylthian »

Wow it took an act of Congress to get me in here - or at least a powerful Admin :D

Thank you for the welcome and I'm so happy to see so many familiar faces.

I am a random poster, at best, so I expect to be here only occassionally - I'm also not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I expect most of my posts will contain a 'duh' factor.

Mostly I wanted to wish Jnyusa and Voronwë well wishes on this new board - I expect - especially with the current merry members - that this place will be humming with activity.

:hug: to all.

edited to add

FRELGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Hi, Syl! It's great to see you here!

:hug: for Alandriel, and welcome to everyone! Thanks for providing the delicious breakfast, SilverScribe (may I call you Scribbles? I'm Prim).

<loads plate appreciatively>
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

May I invite someone? I can vouch for her.
:)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

vison, there's no need to worry about that—anyone is welcome here. But of course any friend of yours is sure to be an asset!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Primula_Baggins wrote:vison, there's no need to worry about that—anyone is welcome here. But of course any friend of yours is sure to be an asset!
I don't quite know if I can call her a friend, although I feel friendly toward her. It's RoseMorninStar from Manwë. I always enjoy her posts and I thought she might like it here, away from...............certain disturbing influences! :D
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Oooh, it would be great to have Rose here! :love:

But, yes, it's an open board - so, everybody, tell your friends! :D
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

I hope people are not confused by the fact that some of us contacted some of our friends by email. That was just a courtesy, to let them know of our existence.

One does not need an invitation to post here. Just a computer. ;)

Jn
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Jnyusa wrote:I hope people are not confused by the fact that some of us contacted some of our friends by email. That was just a courtesy, to let them know of our existence.

One does not need an invitation to post here. Just a computer. ;)

Jn
I understand that, Jnyusa. But since I wanted to ask her, I feel in some way partly responsible for her if she accepts. Not that I think I need to be, it's just common courtesy, I think.

I already really like it here. It's awfully nice. :D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior

Post by SilverScribe »

Primula_Baggins wrote:(may I call you Scribbles? I'm Prim).

<loads plate appreciatively>
Of course you may call me Scribbles . . . it's far less formal . . . (and less letters to type than SilverScribe, LOL) Most folks call me that anyway and I don't mind at all.

:D:D:D
~.~
Actions speak louder than words, but on a messageboard, "you are what you type . . ."
~.~
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Post by Pearly Di »

samaranth is here! :)

:hug:

Good-oh. :D

Pearly Di
"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... "
Letter no. 246, The Collected Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
Avatar by goldlighticons on Live Journal
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome, Samaranth. I know that it is probably getting old for people to hear me keep saying this, but I am so happy to see you here. :hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

sam! :D

Time for another crashtackle-:hug: ! :D

And I haven't yet thanked Scribbles for the mouthwatering breakfast she provided a short while ago! :kiss:

(Or rather, that she made her dwarves provide. :suspicious: :P )
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Sam! How great to see you here!

:wooper:

<shifty eyes> It's Sunday morning. Is Scribbles going to repeat yesterday's performance with the delicious breakfast?

Jn
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome, oldtoby! Great to see you here. :D
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
oldtoby
Cuddly Studmuffin

Post by oldtoby »

Hiya :D

I can't say i'll post much, I never much got into the books or moobies discussion either at TORC or B77, but I do enjoy reading what folks have to say.

(and I may add some spam for time to time, just to keep ya'll honest =:) )
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

Hi toby - maybe you'll turn from "spammer to glamour" if you hang around here! ;) :D
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Hey, toby! You beat me to it. I sent you the link by PM, then I saw that jewelsong had just put it in the thread, and then I got over here and saw you'd already joined!

zoom!zoom!

Wander around and enjoy yourself. :D (and post, too!)

Jn
oldtoby
Cuddly Studmuffin

Post by oldtoby »

Hehe well It occured to me after i posted at B77 that there was probably a link in the first post of that thread.

Thanks for getting me the link (and thanks to Jewelsong too :D) even tho it proved unneccisary :D