Wicked - The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Wicked - The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz

Post by Alatar »

This is one of my current favourites and I thought I'd share this clip from the Tony Awards:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0825973258

If anyone is interested I'd be glad to fill you in on the show.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
themary
Prettiest City I know!

Post by themary »

You know I love Wicked :love: I can't wait to get home to click the linky and see what you've provided :D When does Wicked blow your way Al?
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

September I think, but it'll likely be January next before I get to see it.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
It's time to try defying gravity

Post by MaidenOfTheShieldarm »

How did I miss this thread? You know I love Wicked. :D

Have you got tickets yet, Alatar? Any news on casting, etc? The UK site (which is really nice) didn't have anything up. Which probably means there isn't . . .

My dad and I are taking my mum to see it when it comes to Boston in April. Very much looking forward to it.
And it is said by the Eldar that in the water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the sea, and yet know not what for what they listen.
elfshadow
Dancing in the moonlight

Post by elfshadow »

I'm going to see Wicked with a bunch of people from TORC in Chicago this July. :D I have the soundtrack thanks to the lovely Mossy, and it's really awesome! I haven't read the book yet, though multiple people have been bugging me to. I'm really excited to see it onstage!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - HDT
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

The clip Alatar provided was the first thing to get me interested in the show. :)

The one year I watched the Tonys and found something that helped change my way of thinking.
Lurker
Crazy Canuck

Post by Lurker »

My wife dragged me to watch Wicked last year and I loved it. You all should go watch it. I think it's better than the Wizard of Oz.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
It's time to try defying gravity

Post by MaidenOfTheShieldarm »

It's official! Idina is going to London!
And it is said by the Eldar that in the water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the sea, and yet know not what for what they listen.