Battlestar Galactica: SPOILERS for season 4

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
It's time to try defying gravity

Post by MaidenOfTheShieldarm »

Can I just say that reading this series of posts was terribly amusing. I'm pretty sure that's the exact emotional journey I took while watching, too. I look forward to your season 4 reactions.

If you really, truly want to know about Starbuck: Yes, she does come back, but there's kind of a caveat.
Also, going back aways, I don't generally care for the Starbuck/Apollo will they/won't they that they spent so much time on (nor do I care for Apollo/Dee) but I loved "Unfinished Business."
And it is said by the Eldar that in the water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the sea, and yet know not what for what they listen.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

yovargas wrote:Nevermind. I just finished Season 3. People are humming Jimi Hendrix and the show has officially gone INSANE!!!!
You ain't seen nothin' yet.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Nope indeed. But you are safely tucked in bed, as any healthy young man should be at this hour, so I shan't worry.

(You are, right? You aren't up starting Season 4? Spare my old heart and don't tell me if you are.)
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Yes, I was safely tucked in bed. Your concern is appreciated. :P
Which was "Unfinished Business", Mossy?
And next spoiler question - is there a rational explanation for why they're all singing Hendrix?? :P

(For the record, I don't buy that the new 4 are cylons. Doesn't make sense. Something else is going on.)
(And also, somebody really should have kept working on that cylon detector, no? To the writers: :salmon: That one's been driving me nuts since damn near the beginning. )
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

MaidenOfTheShieldarm

Sorry, "Unfinished Business" was the boxing/flashback episode.
I think the rationale for the Hendrix is that David Eick and Ron Moore thought it was a nifty idea.
And it is said by the Eldar that in the water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the sea, and yet know not what for what they listen.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

:rofl: "Nifty" is certainly one word for it. :P

I don't necessarily mind the Apollo/Starbuck stuff much, though it is often overdone. What I mind was that they each got married off so abruptly and awkwardly. I didn't buy those relationships at all, they felt very forced to me, so the Apollo/Starbuck drama in the midst of it felt forced and false. Plus for some reason I can't STAND Anders. I hated him the second I saw him.
-The Decemberists

MaidenOfTheShieldarm

Yes, well, they seem to have more and more "nifty" ideas as the show goes on. I'm still skeptical about season four in general. (Except for Gaeta's arc. I love Gaeta.)

:shock: I also love Anders! And I absolutely buy Starbuck/Anders. I have no problem with Starbuck/Apollo, just that it does feel overdone at times. And Apollo/Dee....absolutely not. Especially after Billy! I was really upset that he died, but apparently that was because the actor refused contractual obligation if I remember correctly.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

MaidenOfTheShieldarm wrote:...apparently that was because the actor refused contractual obligation if I remember correctly.
I figured as much and I figured that's why they wanted to give something more for Dee to do. Still very poorly done, IMO. And I still miss Billy. :(

Just watched Razor. When this show is good, it is GOOD. :bow:

(Anders?? Love?? Bleck! :puke: :P )
-The Decemberists

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

My hope for how it all turns out: everyone's a cylon and we all live happily ever after!! :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :grouphug: :grouphug: :banana: :cheers:

:nono: :burned:
-The Decemberists

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

:rofl:

It is so entertaining watching you watch BSG. :D
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Oh good, cuz here's more:

- my other hope: Gaius gets killed at least once per episode from now on.

- Apollo looks reeeally nice in a suit (he wasn't really "my type" at first but boy has he grown on me :D)

- Adama & Rosalind were always the best thing about this show and they still are. Those are two fantastically well written and acted characters and they've never screwed them up.

- Cylon on cylon action?? Hawt. Image
-The Decemberists

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Adama & Rosalind were always the best thing about this show and they still are. Those are two fantastically well written and acted characters and they've never screwed them up

SLIGHT SPOILER

And they won't.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Actually, a slight retraction to that. There has been more than once where I felt they made Adama too soft, like they wanted to make sure he always remained sympathetic. Stuff like forgiving disobeyed orders a tad too often, too easily. The worst to me has been making Saul (sp?) XO (sp??) again after the man was clearly no longer capable of sound judgment, apparently because he's an "old friend". (Saul was a murderer and should have been tried as such.)

Rosalind, on the other hand, has always been tough as nails when she needed to be and I love her for it. She's definitely my favorite character.
-The Decemberists

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

The opening title sequence for the 1st three seasons had a bit about how the cylons had attacked humanity..."And they have a plan". Perhaps. But one wonders - did the cylons bother telling the writers what that plan was? Hmmm....
-The Decemberists

Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

:D There was a Robot Chicken bit about the BSG writers I found quite amusing, if you can find it. But don't try until you finish the series.
Erunáme

Post by Erunáme »

yovargas wrote:Rosalind, on the other hand, has always been tough as nails when she needed to be and I love her for it. She's definitely my favorite character.
She annoyed the hell out of me quite a lot. :P Especially in the beginning of season 4.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Haha, oh, yeah? Do tell? How come? (I'm a couple eps into #4 so I'm spoiler-safe up to that point.)
-The Decemberists

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Oh Chief. :( He's always been one of my favorite characters and I just want to give him a giant hug. :hug: :(

And I feel like I missed something. How and why did Gaius become the head of some new religious cult?? I'm confused. :? :?
-The Decemberists

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

The religious cult starts at the very end of Season 3, when those chicks take him away to his new life.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Well...yes...but why?? Why were a bunch of women suddenly treating him like a prophet? It felt like there was an episode I missed where he did suddenly miraculous that earned him a following. As it is... :scratch:
-The Decemberists