Nature Pics

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

A few pics of the scenery that I saw while following Beth from point to point at the marathon she ran today in Bar Harbor, Maine.

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

What a lovely day you both had! :love:

Fall color's not really here in Oregon yet, not here in the valley anyway.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Those are really nice, V.

You know, forgive me for this, but if you fix your exposure in a program as simple as Picasa, these same pics would look far more beautiful. Email them to me if you want to see...
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

They're very beautiful, Voronwë!

(What do you do to them, Mahima?)
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Click on a button called "Auto Contrast".

Sooo much effort, preciousss, soo much effort. ;)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
ArathornJax
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

Post by ArathornJax »

Here are some fall pictures from last week I'll add to those posted. Enjoy fall! It's my favorite season.

I call this one Aspens with Ferns.

Aspens on the Mountain

Color on the Mountain

Red and Green, the Holidays are coming.

1. " . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

2. We have many ways using technology to be in touch, yet the larger question is are we really connected or are we simply more in touch? There is a difference.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Gorgeous! :love:
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Cross-posted on b77:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 077e329a27

I took a lovely hike this afternoon. It took me forever to get properly bundled up. (It's 25F here.) But, once I got out there, it was so peaceful and nice. When I walked around the corner and saw the parking lot, it was something I'd never seen before--empty! :rofl: So I had the park to myself for quite some time. I eventually came across a few other people. I slipped and fell once, but I'm okay. It was at that point, though, that I decided to take the steep hill cut-through and take the last little bit off the trail I was on. By that time, I'd been out for about 1.5 hours, so I figured it was fine to cut it short.

I took a video, too, at one point. I was standing by a brook, listening to the snow, the water, and a woodpecker. It was amazingly beautiful.
Voronwë the Faithful

Beautiful. But brrrrrrr!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Thank you! Yes, it was cold, but I really didn't get cold, if that makes sense.
Voronwë the Faithful

Yes, perfect sense.
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

Neat! It doesn't really snow down here where we're at, so I always like looking at pictures of snowy parts. :)
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:) Thanks!

I don't ever get sick of the snow, but I do get sick of the cold. (I'm usually done with the cold by February, but I still have about 2 months of it after that.)
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

This was the view from the end of my driveway this morning. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/ ... rning5.jpg

I'm really starting to like having a camera in my phone. It's so handy for moments like this. :)
Voronwë the Faithful

I know just what you mean, Maria. I took the sunset pictures that I posted in the Parlour with my phone, since I didn't have my camera. They are more pixolated than I would like, but that gives them almost an impressionist feeling. And, of course, they are a lot better than having no pictures at all.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 2396e0404d
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

That's a lovely shot, Maria.

I need to figure out how to use my phone camera and how to get the photos onto my computer.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

That's the hard part for me, actually. I've got a smart phone, but it won't let me email pictures unless I've got my email account hooked up to the phone. But I hate getting notified by my phone every time an email comes in and I don't know how to turn that off, so what I end up doing when I want to send a picture somewhere is either upload to straight to facebook and then move it around from there or (in this case) I set up my email account, then emailed the pictures and then deleted the account. The facebook route is easier, but it automatically shrinks the pictures and I didn't want that for this one.

There's GOT to be a setting on my phone to *not* access my emails and show them on the phone, but I haven't found it yet.
Voronwë the Faithful

My new Blackberry came with a USB cord, that I was able to use to transfer the pictures to my computer.
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

Oh.
Duh. :doh:
I really ought to keep that cord in my purse and just move the pics that way!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I have a dumb phone, but the charging receptacle is a mini-USB port, so maybe there's a way. Or I may be able to email photos, but I don't have a data plan so I'll probably get charged a fee every time I do it.