Nature Pics

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oh my word! Actually, I'd worry about him getting pecked to death by the other pigeons!
ArathornJax
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

Post by ArathornJax »

I love the garden images , well done.

Voronwë I love the pictures of the falls. I have missed snow shoeing this year but it will be there next year.

Well, I guess the pigeon has many meals each day as the crumbs fall.
1. " . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

2. We have many ways using technology to be in touch, yet the larger question is are we really connected or are we simply more in touch? There is a difference.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Some of my fav pics from Florida:

'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Those are so pretty! I'm seriously jonesing for the beach. :neutral:
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

I love all the flowering trees where I live. A few weeks ago I took the little boy that I work with on a walk down the street so we could both photograph the cherry blossoms:

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh, those are beautiful pics of the blossoms!! :)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oooh, those are pretty!

Here are some I've taken recently:

(thumbnails)

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Nice flowers, Lali!
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Thanks! :)
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Nice Lali, flowers! :upsidedown:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:rofl:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Voronwë's gone nonverbal. What he meant to say was "flowers Lali nice."

Like my boys when they were 2 or so—they had this hand-me-down blue sweater they really liked and both wore, and they always called it "pretty blue sweater nice."
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

One of two fawns in our yard this morning, with their momma:

Running away from the scawy two-legged animal:

The other fawn, running through the grass:

The momma, on the other side of the neighbor's fence:

A bird in a tree:

Some flowers in the yard:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Voronwë, what a beautiful place you live in!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Nice!!

My favorite pic from my India trip:

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Very cool image, Mahima.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Yes, very cool! :)

Voronwë, the fawns are cute!

Yesterday afternoon I looked out in the backyard to see 2 squirrels, several birds, a bunny, and a chipmunk. I looked at the dog; she looked at me. She whined. I let her out, knowing she never catches anything, but she had fun chasing them all off. The chipmunk played hide and seek around the trunk of the maple tree and chittered at her.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Love the pictures of the fawns, V. Not what I picture when I think of California!

We have squirrels that pass by our backyard, not to mention urban foxes :(

The squirrels used to drive me nuts (!) and they were constantly digging in the flowerbeds and tubs, planting the peanuts that some nice neightbour keeps putting out for them. I was forever pulling up peanut seedlings from my hanging baskets, etc. Now we have a cat :D Problem solved....although he now digs in my flowerbeds if I don't catch him in time!!!!
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
ArathornJax
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

Post by ArathornJax »

Beautiful pictures all. Love the flowers and blossoms and the deer and fawns. We have deer and other animals visiting. One night I was out in early April around 2:00a.m. when the moon came up and a coyote let out a howl followed by two others that were on a hill about 1/2 mile away from our home. That really gave me a fright that night as I wasn't expecting to hear that!
1. " . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

2. We have many ways using technology to be in touch, yet the larger question is are we really connected or are we simply more in touch? There is a difference.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

That's really cool, AJ! And may I say it's lovely, as always, to see you around here again.