Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Prayer Thread

Post by Frelga »

Thank you, V and Inanna.

I really wish my son were here, but it makes no sense for him to fly out for the funeral, with the virus and all. We told him, he cried, we comforted each other as we could. But he got to spend time with his grandfather when he was here.

His daughter won't be able to come, either. Stupid virus.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Oh Frelga, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to your family.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Very sorry to hear that, Frelga.
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Frelga, I am so sorry for your loss. It is double the blow that many of those who loved him won't be at the funeral, and also won't be with you to sit shiva. May his memory always be for a blessing.

Please pass my condolences to your husband. I wish you both a long life

Lali, I'm sorry to hear of your loss of such a pivotal and precious influence on your life. I did not know of her, but she was clearly such a positive influence and support to you. May her memory and her work continue the good work.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Thank you, guys.

If there is such a thing as a good way to go, this was it. Aortic stenosis is the closest thing humans have to an off switch.

On Saturday, Mr. Frelga visited him and took him to the park and found him in good spirits. On Monday was the first day that he needed a wheelchair inside his apartment. Tuesday morning he was gone. We were not ready to let him go, but it is some comfort that he did not suffer at all.

His sister wants to come, but between covid and the smoky air, we don't think it's a good idea for her. She's not much younger than FIL, and lost her husband just a few months ago. Most likely, it's just going to be my husband and I at the graveside.

It's not what he deserves, but we'll have a Zoom service at some point to remember him with the extended family.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I'm sorry for the loss of your Father-in-Law, Frelga. I'm glad he did not suffer and was able to enjoy life to the end. This virus is is a double-whammy of awful when it prevents people from coming together. :hug:
My heart is forever in the Shire.