Where is Your Middle Earth?

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: Where is Your Middle Earth?

Post by Inanna »

I think I know which spot your talking about, Morwenna, or a very similar one at least. I drove on that highway for 3 years, every week...
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Primula Baggins wrote:You could sing to them about it. "They are sailing, sailing, over the sea. . . ."
I can't deal with this....
Which song was Prim talking about? Does anyone know?
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Samwise Gamgee, speaking to Ted Sandyman wrote:‘All the same,’ said Sam, ‘you can’t deny that others besides our Halfast have seen queer folk crossing the Shire - crossing it, mind you: there are more that are turned back at the borders. The Bounders have never been so busy before.

‘And I’ve heard tell that Elves are moving west. They do say they are going to the harbours, out away beyond the White Towers.’ Sam waved his arm vaguely: neither he nor any of them knew how far it was to the Sea, past the old towers beyond the western borders of the Shire. But it was an old tradition that away over there stood the Grey Havens, from which at times elven-ships set sail, never to return.

‘They are sailing, sailing, sailing over the Sea, they are going into the West and leaving us,’ said Sam, half chanting the words, shaking his head sadly and solemnly. But Ted laughed.

‘Well, that isn’t anything new, if you believe the old tales. And I don’t see what it matters to me or you. Let them sail! But I warrant you haven’t seen them doing it; nor any one else in the Shire.’
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Thank you, Jude.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Did you notice there's a mysterious link between your first post on this page and your signature? :whistle:
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Jude wrote:Did you notice there's a mysterious link between your first post on this page and your signature? :whistle:
Crap. I think it’s Tapatalk autocorrecting my posts. There is no way I would actually write that. Twice.

Humph.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Our trip to Middle-Earth New Zealand was amazing. The various landscapes were good choices to bring the story to life on film. Hobbiton was everything I could possibly have imagined (with perhaps the exception of knowing the smials were not fully realized on the interior). It's quite the attraction in New Zealand, being the 2nd or 3rd largest draw in the country. I cannot help but wonder if at some point they won't make a Hobbiton village hotel.. or a Bree roadside, perhaps. Hobbiton itself is in a very rural area.
My heart is forever in the Shire.