A Whistleblowers Tale: Prof J Leroy Hulsey and WTC7

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Beorhtnoth

A Whistleblowers Tale: Prof J Leroy Hulsey and WTC7

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Is the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, a reputable institution?

ETA to comply with site owner's demands.

Five years ago, engineer Prof J Leroy Hulsey of UAF was approached to investigate the unique collapse of the Salomon Building in New York. He declined twice, but eventually agreed to undertake the task.

The subsequent video is the story of that four year investigation.

ETA 2
My aim for starting this topic was to show how preconceptions built on questionable data are difficult to shake. One of the claims made against “conspiracy theories” is the lack of “whistleblowers”. I would suggest of more pressing concern is the reaction whistleblowers experience, and how their treatment deters others from speaking out.
Unfortunately, positions are so entrenched that even mentioning the attacks on September 11th generates a mix of boredom, derision and hostility. I don’t understand this.
I thought the best avenue was to establish the credentials of the institution the researchers belonged to, and by extension their credentials. Hulsey and his team are whistleblowers, as are others interviewed in the short documentary, "Seven".

With hindsight, I should have done it differently. My sincere apologies for the subterfuge.

ETA3 (This is getting like the opening credits to Monty Python and the Holy Grail) : :horse:

I've edited the title of the topic to better reflect the content.

I apologise for my display of petulance towards Voronwë. I haven't edited out my comment. I want it to act as a reminder of just how childish I can be.
Last edited by Beorhtnoth on Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In a society built on deceit, telling truth is a seditious act
River
bioalchemist

Re: University of Alaska, Fairbanks

Post by River »

For? There's a bunch of atmospheric scientists in my neighborhood who did stints there before landing at NCAR or NOAA, so I'm guessing they've got a good rep for that. If you want to study tropical birds, though, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. :P
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Thank you, River, for playing my juvenile "Gotcha!" topic with a straight bat.

It is more than it deserves.
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

I should have posted this video at the start, rather than play Captain Cagey. I would be interested to know how it is received, or whether the implications of the four year study are too challenging for anyone with a determined, resolute standpoint.
Anyway, give it a chance. I found it most interesting.

https://odysee.com/@Clifford:b/Seven--- ... y-(2020):c
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Please edit the original post to rename this thread and specify what this topic is actually about, and describe what the video is supposed to be showing, rather than just posting it and saying "give it a chance" without any context.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Done as requested, Voronwë.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Investigation by Prof J Leroy Hulsey of UAF about 'the unique collapse of the Salomon Building in New York'

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

You did not rename thread, but I have done so based on what you edited into the first post.

I have not watched the 45 minute video so I will make no further comment.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Beorhtnoth

Re: Investigation by Prof J Leroy Hulsey of UAF about 'the unique collapse of the Salomon Building in New York'

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Apologies, and thank you for righting my wrong.

You should watch the video. It is a bit of an eye opener regarding research, peer review, and the trepidation researchers experience when they address contentious issues. It shows just how restrictive the "system" is.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Ooo, is this a 9/11 truther rabbit hole you're trying to take us down? Been a really long time since I saw one of those. I don't think the person most likely to engage in this posts here anymore.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

And to think I actually spent time doing a basic search on University of Alaska, Fairbanks.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Yours is exactly the reaction that prompted my reference! Thank you. :)

It seems an age ago, but I was engaged in discussion regarding how terminology affects our approach to subjects. You cite the (universally ridiculed) 9/11 "truther" movement. By couching the subject in those terms, you inculcate an immediate opposition. The thinking appears to go, "That's what 9/11 truthers say, therefore it must be crazy, because 9/11 truthers are conspiracy theorists, and conspiracy theories are, by definition, false". Thus a subject is never approached on its merits, but from a position of prejudice.

All I ask is for people to watch the documentary, and if they find the investigation by Hulsey et al lacking, explain why.

Seems fair, doesn't it?

B

Inanna, was that an onerous task, and did you find Hulsey a fraud?
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

And why on earth should I spend my precious free time on that? This got talked to death >15 years ago. Get some new material.
Inanna wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 pm And to think I actually spent time doing a basic search on University of Alaska, Fairbanks.
It's a real place. Not sure how they rep out for anything outside earth sciences, though.
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

River wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:48 pm And why on earth should I spend my precious free time on that? This got talked to death >15 years ago. Get some new material.
Inanna wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 pm And to think I actually spent time doing a basic search on University of Alaska, Fairbanks.
It's a real place. Not sure how they rep out for anything outside earth sciences, though.
Is that a criticism of Hulsey because his discipline is engineering, rather than earth sciences? :scratch:

This research was published in 2020 (not >15 years ago). Perhaps that is relevant?
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

No, actually, it's more a comment on my suspicions regarding your motivations. And you didn't answer my question, BTW. It wasn't rhetorical. Why is this worth anyone's time and why did you take such a bass-ackwards approach to opening the topic in the first place?
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

River wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:18 pm No, actually, it's more a comment on my suspicions regarding your motivations. And you didn't answer my question, BTW. It wasn't rhetorical. Why is this worth anyone's time and why did you take such a bass-ackwards approach to opening the topic in the first place?
I'll answer your latter question first.

I had no intention to post on this subject, but I realised, as I tried to explain how "conspiracy theory" is a loaded term, perhaps abstract examples were illustrative, hence my vague original presentation.
I find it fascinating you refuse to watch a video because you suspect my motives!
Why is it worth watching? Because it demonstrates just how challenging research into contentious events is. How the research post-grads assisting Hulsey were threatened should be of interest enough, I would think.

Watch it, or don't. In the end, it doesn't matter, but I would prefer to discuss the findings with you, rather than why you should, or shouldn't, watch it.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

It might or might not help to understand that most of us on this board have exhausted what little interest we had in discussing this topic years ago. If you have any expectations of it being taking seriously, you will be disappointed.
Last edited by Frelga on Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

I have no expectations of people. I have concluded that people are comfortable with lies, as long as the lies are consistent. I have no confidence people who have believed lies have any interest in discovering how they have been lied to.

I think that explains why 70% of Republicans still believe Trump was the victim of voter fraud. That constituency has no desire to be proved wrong, just as those who believe the collapse of WTC7 was natural have no desire to discover it wasn't.
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

Whistleblower #1 - Barry Jennings

Barry Jennings is the only person to provide an eyewitness account of being trapped in the Salomon Building (WTC7) on September 11th. This account challenges NIST's assertions, while supporting the conclusions of Hulsey's research.

The video is 25 minutes long.

https://odysee.com/@BehindTheMirror:1/9 ... Jennings:0