Halifirien: The Hallowed Mountain - A Fan Film

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Halifirien: The Hallowed Mountain - A Fan Film

Post by Alatar »

Came across this when reading the "Middle-Earth Envisioned" book that Elen posted about. I had obviously already seen "Hunt for Gollum" and "Born of Hope", but I wasn't aware of this movie, which is ironic given that it was made in Ireland, very near to my Dad's home in Donegal.
During the time of the War of the Ring a young boy will face his own quest, to light the last beacon and signal to Rohan that Gondor calls for aid. High on the mountain of Halifirien, overlooking the border between the two kingdoms, the wardens keep their watch for the ancient signal that will call the men of the west to unite against the threat of Mordor. As Sauron's shadow grows over Middle Earth, orc war bands maraud further into the free lands, and one night invade the hallowed mountain upon which the wardens keep their watch. As Eradur (James Robinson) and his brother (Dominic Downes) are on guard they hear the noise of battle from further down the mountain. Do they go and help their friends? Or stay and keep to their sworn duty? Eradur will face the loss of those most dear to him as he is hunted down by bloodthirsty orcs and forced to confront his fears alone.

The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Halifirien: The Hallowed Mountain - A Fan Film

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I don't recall ever hearing about that, either. Interesting.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Re: Halifirien: The Hallowed Mountain - A Fan Film

Post by Elentári »

Me neither, I'll check it out later - thanks for the link!
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes