FIFA World Cup 2010

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Hint: It's not an obscenity. It's an anatomical term. Or so I strongly suspect. And thus should be emotionally neutral, except so often they aren't. At least for people who don't read medical textbooks for a living. :P

We do allow anatomical terms here, but we do also like to maintain a degree of tastefulness. It's a fine line. For me the main point is, does everybody get it without it having to be actually said?

If so, it's fine.

If not, PM me. :twisted:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

:twisted:
Areanor

Post by Areanor »

Lhaewin wrote:
The German team must be very disappointed because they don't want a celebration when they return home, no matter if they become third or fourth. Is it only the victory which counts?

This young team did a very good job and it's only fair that the best team wins. Btw, my patriotism is very limited and my world isn't upside down because of yesterday's match. :)
Well, as Schweinsteiger said: it would be the third time in a row to come home from a big tournament as third (or second) and be celebrated with empty hands - so I guess, they found it odd. Who knows.

Anyway, I thought the game for third place was better than the final. And if we played against Spain the way the Netherlands did, with so many fouls, we might have won, but I wouldn't have liked it.

So let's see how they do next time, the qualification round for the European Cup starts soon. :D

I wonder if Paul will then still be there - how old can an octopus get?
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

The World Cup may be over, but soccer fever burns on.

In a Shaolin Temple.

Click on Kung Fu Magazine for story and more pictures.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

I would SO want to watch that more than the normal game.