GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Just like LOTR, Anne of Green Gables isn't well known here - or wasn't until the mini-series was broadcast on TV.
I saw the series first and was completely thrilled and instantly hooked.
I bought the books a little later, but read them very slowly - these kinds of books tend to lose it so quickly for me, once the heroine isn't a child anymore they lose interest for me. I think I only read the last book early this year (it was quite good, though :) ).
I have the films on video and they are among my most-watched! :D
I'd have made it longer, but unfortunately there's a word limit in signatures. ;)
Very true, only 255 characters - I'll ask about getting a bit more space! ;)
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Nin is here! Nin is here!

<jumps up and down>

:love: Welcome, Nin. Hope you enjoy yourself here. All the Winter comforts are in the Parlour at Bag End.

Jn

And eborr just joined too! Great to see you, eborr. Glad you got the addy. I noticed your post in the music thread. :D

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
wilko185

Post by wilko185 »

HoF wrote:Welcome! COME HERE FIRST
Oops :oops:
Well I'm here now, anyway. Thank you for the invites/welcomes :).

I don't expect to be very prolific (here or anywhere else for that matter), but this is a nice place to post and I hope to keep an eye on it. I sincerely hope I don't discomfit anyone else by my presence.
And I also hope that my prosaic posts aren't too stifling/pedantic (I think my first post on this board used Farmer Maggott to counter some magical notion :D).

And, welcome to everyone who joined after me :) (btw, I just saw Roäc post on TORC for the first time in a while ... just sayin')
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

this is a nice place to post and I hope to keep an eye on it.

Thank you, sir!

I think my first post on this board used Farmer Maggott to counter some magical notion

Someone has to keep me from levitating .... :D

I just saw Roäc post on TORC ...

I miss Roäc. He joined B77 but has never posted there. One of us should put an invitation in Books, probably (don't know if Hobby did that already) because I don't think Roäc vists Movies very frequently.

Jn
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

Um, yes, I keep meaning to do that, but I always forget - probably because I wanted to link here in my "code-letter" thread, but in doing so I owe an answer to the last post there and I can't think of anything worthwhile to say! :oops:

But I think of it each day! :D
(Poking helps - I'll try to tomorrow! :) )

Welcome wilko! :hug:

Good to see you post! :)
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Wilko, I am as thrilled as thrilled can be to have you here, and with your contributions so far. Please contribute to whatever extent your time and comfort level allows, but you should certainly have no fear that you presence discomfits anyone here. It simply is not true. :)

*plots how to get Roäc here*
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Wilko, delighted to have you!
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Ah, now I know what www stands for in the URL- Whistler, Wilko and Wildwood. Wonderful! :D

Nin, :love:

eborr, welcome. :)

Did I miss anybody new? :wave:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Nin
Ni Dieu, ni maître

Post by Nin »

I could not yet post yesterday, and seeing what a mess my life is right now, I doubt I will post a lot. But I'm here.

Where do I get a spiffy rank?
"nolite te bastardes carborundorum".
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

Welcome Nin! :hug:

I hope you like it here! :) We don't do RP, but there's always a nice, warm fire in the parlour of Bag End for people to relax and catch their breath!

I like your location! :)
Frelga wrote:Ah, now I know what www stands for in the URL- Whistler, Wilko and Wildwood. Wonderful!
:rofl:
Well said! :D
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Hello Nin!!!!!
Truehobbit I did not know there were so many fans of Anne of Green Gables (books or miniseries). I am so happy about that!!!
Dindraug

Post by Dindraug »

Nin wrote:I could not yet post yesterday, and seeing what a mess my life is right now, I doubt I will post a lot. But I'm here.

Where do I get a spiffy rank?
:hug:

Little sheep, so good to see you. Have missed you :D

and good to see Wilko too, even if we have already locked horns =:) , have missed you too. Probably more than is legal. :)
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

You're a fan, too, Wilma! Wonderful! Lots of people with taste around here! :D ;)

Pearl already started a discussion about it in the literature forum! :)
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome, Roccondil!

So glad you could join us. :)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Roccondil

Post by Roccondil »

Thanks for the welcome :) .

Glad to see you're making some progress with the pictorial code letters. I'll have a good read of the posts and see what I have to add.

I noted there was mention of the River Wye map. This river has some significance for Tolkien in LoTR, I think, although I can't put together a full analysis. Perhaps when I have got my thoughts together I'll post something.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Welcome, Roccondil!

Jn
truehobbit

Post by truehobbit »

Hello Roccondil, how nice to see you here! :)

I hope you'll find it as interesting as I do to discuss Tolkien with different sets of people! :)
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Welcome, everyone!

And, yes, I am swooning (BIG TIME!) for that avatar, Pearl. :D I swoon for Anne!!!! :bow: <runs off to check literature thread for discussion>

Lali
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

Eborr, Nin and Roccondil, it's good to see you here! :cheers:

And Wilko, if someone here is bothered by your presence, it's that someone who is in the wrong place, not you! :)
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

*lands lightly*

Ah.

*stretches out wings, stretches claws*

What a long journey, but here I am. :)

*looks around for somewhere to get comfortable*

I'm sure I'll like it here. Hi, everyone :)