It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:53 pm 

Urrrghh....

And he has zero political experience, and has publicly said he is a big fan of Donald Trump. Liberals are referring to him as 'Trump Light'. :shock:

Under the last Conservative government, many government services were slashed in order to balance the budget. I found myself teaching my nursing patients how to do their own wound care, and give themselves IV's. Water testing was downloaded from the province to the municipality, which resulted in multiple deaths in Walkerton, Ontario, when the water became contaminated with E. coli, and the idiots who were doing the water testing had no idea this was a problem. (They falsified the samples to hide the problem!)

Yup, I am just a tad nervous right now... :help: :scarey:

Attachments:
34321053_2069209289959723_1712413682937364480_n.png
34321053_2069209289959723_1712413682937364480_n.png [ 234.56 KiB | Viewed 1114 times ]

Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm 

Although Doug says he is opposed to the legalization of marijuana, the Globe and Mail presented very strong evidence that he was the major distributor for pot in Etobicoke during the 1970's. If you wanted marijuana, Doug was the person you went to.

All the druggies used to hang out in the parking lot at James Gardens during the evening, and that's where all the dealing went on. I would frequently go to James Gardens/Lambton Woods to walk along the woodland trails there, and often wondered what the heck was going on with ALL THOSE CARS!!

Poor naive teen that I was...I had NO IDEA!!

Another favourite place for the dealers was Royal York Plaza, the shopping plaza directly across from my old high school, where our family did all their grocery shopping, banking, etc.

So, you might say Doug honed his business skills dealing pot as a teenager. Maybe his acumen will come in handy when pot is legalized later this year... :horse:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 pm 

I've only followed the ON election slightly, but I'm not sure if too much can be read into the result - after 15 years of Liberal Government the Conservatives must have been favoured to win under pretty much any leader. And while Ford is a populist, it's possible to take comparisons with Trump too far. Pretty much every right-of-centre populist everywhere is now being cast as a new Trump. But yes, an interesting and significant contest and result as far as a provincial politics goes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm 

My main concerns are his lack of experience and the shady background of his family. When Rob Ford was called out for his drug use (cocaine) while mayor of Toronto, it is quite possible his younger brother was serving as an enabler or supplier of drugs.

I am not comfortable with someone who has been involved in an illegal business being in power. It doesn't bode well for their business ethics. His support for Trump just makes me think 'birds of a feather....'

He is also in favour of restricting access to abortions, and possibly making major cuts to health care, which is another big concern I have.

Anyway, early days yet...I COULD be wrong!

But that's what I thought about Trump, too... :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:21 pm 
bioalchemist

Hold onto your butts Ontario. And be thankful he's only leading a province in a G7 country. Not a whole G7 country. That might end up being the G6 if Trump's sh*tfit carries on.