Adoption and Parenting

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

Yes, I sometimes think about the fact that not having children with result in not having a younger generation beneath me to support me ... and that is why I have spent most of my working life so far being frugal so I can make my investments and provide for my old age. I either have the set of genes that took my grandmothers well over 80, or I have the genes that took my grandfathers, both of heart attacks, in their forties ... or I have a mix and will croak just as I get ready to retire and enjoy the fruits of my labours :P
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Of course, in a macro sense, there is still a reliance of the elderly on the young, whether directly through Social Security, or indirectly, through the fact that even private investments depend on someone, somewhere, actually doing some work. ;)
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

Naturally! That goes without saying :D The young will hopefully still have something left in Social Security when they grow old, and as for private investments, the young gets compensated for their work so that they can make their own investments. It is a sort of synergy. Parasites of any kind would jam up the works. ( and they do exist and do jam. One can but hope for more synergists than parasites )