Cirque

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
TIGG
ta'veren'

Cirque

Post by TIGG »

Last week I purchased Special reserve VIP tickets for the Tiggerette and myself to the latest Cirque de Soliel 'VAREKI' ( sp) next January.

we LOVED :love: QUIDAM 2 years ago and promised ourselves we would go to every Cirque de Soliel we could manage to afford. This year we missed out on tickets to see CLAPTON play live and so I spent my entertainment quota on the VAREKI tickets.

(and of course the Stones. which played earlier in the year).

Does anyone else here go to the Cirque de Soliel shows?
da TIGG is back and bouncin'
Face Book ID Kathy Roper ( New Zealand)
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

When I was visiting St. Louis several years ago, I went to see Dralion, with a collegue - an architect who also happened to own a small circus - so she was able to tell me quite a bit about it as we watched. It was a marvelous experience.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

I am dying to see them. They were in Philadelphia one or two years ago and I missed them, but I'm determined to get there next time.

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

I went a couple of years ago (my foster-daughter had obtained comp tix through an organization where she volunteered) and found it astonishing. The combination of music, acrobatics and dance was mind-blowing.

I'd love to go again, but the tix are incredibly expensive. :(
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

My wife has been a Cirquy for a while. I have seen two shows in St. Louis, one under their "big top" and one at the local arena more recently, Delirium. The latter was less circus-y and more musical/multimedia event, but had some very memorable moments that are difficult to categorize. The former had impressive performances with a soundtrack, although the most memorable bit was when several of the clowns were abusing an audience member, who of course turned out to be a shill...I could tell because when he said he was from St. Louis, he had to stop himself from pronouncing it as it would be in Montreal...:D