Displaying my Tolkien Collectibles! Finally...

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

The Illustrated one is by Ted Nasmith and I'm not really a fan of his work.
It's interesting how tastes differ. He is (as I indicated in the other thread) my favorite Tolkien illustrator. I think he does a wonderful job in capturing the power and mystique (and sadness) of the Silmarillion (as shown by the picture currently in Sassy's signature).
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
superwizard
Ingólemo

Post by superwizard »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:
The Illustrated one is by Ted Nasmith and I'm not really a fan of his work.
It's interesting how tastes differ. He is (as I indicated in the other thread) my favorite Tolkien illustrator.
I find Ted Nasmith work as satisfactory but I personally prefer John Howe's rendering of The Lord of the Rings. Especially the painting of Gandalf which was unfortunately stolen. (I actually have the 1 volume Lord of the Rings with his picture on the cover)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

A few weeks ago I added a piece to my collection I've wanted for a couple years or so:

It sits on the chest of drawers in my bedroom along with the Evenstar in its Pendant Display by the Noble Collection. Behind them on the wall is my "The Wedding of the King" canvas print by the Brothers Hildebrandt.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

That Aragorn statue makes me wish that the ROTK EE included that seemingly lost-forever scene of Aragorn donning the royal armor from within the Tower of Ecthelion. Next to the Rohirrim guards, I think it's the best costume in all three films.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Re: Displaying my Tolkien Collectibles! Finally...

Post by Alatar »

TRhe first piece in a long time to tempt me. But then my collection has always been mostly the Environments, and they are equally good in The Hobbit.

https://www.wetanz.com/the-house-of-beorn/
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Out of my price range, but stunning:

Voronwë the Faithful

Pretty amazing. I wonder what else they will follow up with in this Masters Collection.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Yes, I can't wait to see what else they do. That Gollum was, yes, stunning. I don't even want to know what it costs. :P

He looks alive. Figures like that so often don't.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

About €1500...
Voronwë the Faithful

Which I believe would convert to a little over $2,000.00. Not unreasonable for what it is, though certainly not something that I would ever consider getting.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Wow. . . . Fine for some people! I'd gladly go look at them in a museum. But I'd rather spend a spare $2,000 on travel, I think.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

:P
Last edited by yovargas on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Get thee behind me, Satan!