Morgoth & Húrin Dialog

A forum for discussion of Voronwë's book, Arda Reconstructed: The Creation of the Published Silmarillion
CosmicBob

Morgoth & Húrin Dialog

Post by CosmicBob »

I just got the book last week and finished it this weekend. I must say that I totally agree with you regarding the Morgoth/Húrin dialog. When I read Children of Húrin I thought that chapter was possibly the best one in the book. I think it would have added quite a bit to The Silmarillion. Presumably you've heard the CoH audiobook with Christopher Lee reading. I found it to be amazing.

And I am getting out my "Morgoth's Ring" and I'm going to re-read Athrabeth!
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Hi CosmicBob. I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and I'm particularly glad that it moved you to re-read the Atrabeth.

Sir Christopher's reading of C0H is definitely excellent. That was an inspired - and somewhat surprising - choice.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
CosmicBob

Post by CosmicBob »

Finally finished Morgoth's Ring. I started by re-reading the Athrabeth and then decided to re-read Finwë/Míriel. Then Myths Transformed. Then i decided I might as well start the from the beginning.

It was much more informative reading it after reading Arda Reconstructed.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That warms my heart, CB!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."