Palin to host TV series

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
sauronsfinger

Palin to host TV series

Post by sauronsfinger »

Sarah Palin joins FOX News and will host a series on that network although it will not be a regular weekly series.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... ss&emc=rss

It seems like a perfect match and should garner her media attention and the network ratings given the success of her recent book.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Quel surprise.

I think she might have found her milieu. :D
Dig deeper.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

So this is what they meant by Palin/Beck 2012... ;)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I must confess that I hope so. :D
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Of course, it introduces the topic back into the national discourse as to the real identity of FOX News. Is it a pure news organization that reports on the nations news or is it an ideological political organization that uses news as a front for its activities?

That will be for the public to decide.

It does look like a very smart business move on behalf of Roger Ailes and FOX. And it does look like an excellent move for Sarah Palin as well. It will give her a national outlet for her and her message and does so unfiltered and uncontrolled by anyone else. It provides her with a solid income and keeps her in the public eye. This is a classic win/win situation.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

Well it might be a blessing in disguise, she can have a few years to spew forth her opinions and let the public see the real her.

Fox News is rapidly becomng the National Enquirer of the TV media, fun to look at if you want to know if the aliens ate the family cat which had bigfoots baby.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Please, let's stop ragging on particular media outlets. They all have their problems, frankly.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
halplm
hooked

Post by halplm »

What Prim said.
For the TROUBLED may you find PEACE
For the DESPAIRING may you find HOPE
For the LONELY may you find LOVE
For the SKEPTICAL may you find FAITH
-Frances C. Arrillaga 1941-1995
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

I predict this will get more ratings than anything in the history of the universe times two.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

For awhile. I suspect her schtick will wear thin.

I think it's wonderful, though. Absolutely wonderful, no kidding.
Dig deeper.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Palin issued this statement

"It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balance news."

The question must be asked and deserves and answer: considering that Palin is already joining an already conservative line-up on FOX, where does the news that is fair and balanced come in? Having a slogan is one thing but making it a reality is quite another. The Palin signing is a master stroke for Ailes and FOX and will make Palin quite a great deal of money. But having said that, it will only stir the fires of the debate that has been going on for some time now as to the reality of the FOX slogan and what their true purpose is.

That is something that deserves to be discussed honestly.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

sf, their purpose is to make money. :scratch:

You talk as if they're part of some vast, shadowy conservative conspiracy, but I think you're overthinking it. They've found a lucrative niche and they're doing whatever it takes to keep their particular audience coming back. Just like every other TV network.

They have influence, but only with people who watch them. Most people don't. Most people don't watch any given network you could name; they're all, at least on cable, niches for people with particular preferences and interests.
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Fractured. The tv world is fractured. I heard it on the radio today. :D
Dig deeper.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

This thread is a Lasto thread in disguise.

*click*
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."