Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Strength, support and love, Jewel.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Good energy heading your way, Jewel; all I can muster. :hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Same here, Jewel. The challenge you're facing really resonates with me, so I'm going to take strength from your posts as well as sending Hope your way.

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
themary
Prettiest City I know!

Post by themary »

I'm so glad that your retreat was a success Wampuscat :)

:hug: for Jewel, be strong you aren't alone.

I have been thinking and praying for all in need, and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers as well. My trip to Cali was a success and the flights went smoothly :thumbsup:
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Thinking of you, JewelSong! :hug: That all sounds very hard indeed. Take time for yourself when you can -- walks, maybe? It's hard to have to be so strong for so many different reasons for so long!

TheMary -- good for you, making it through those flights! Maybe it will be easier next time with all this good practice behind you! :D
halplm
hooked

Post by halplm »

I could use some prayers... for a whole bunch of reasons :), but primarily for the business I'm starting. I'm not used to other people's livelihood being dependant on me :). It's stressful and scary and moves very quickly.
Voronwë the Faithful

Best of luck, hal. :hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Nin
Ni Dieu, ni maître

Post by Nin »

Just a thought for sunday: It would have been the second birthday of Areanor's little son who died last year.

So maybe think of her and send her good vibes - or some words.
"nolite te bastardes carborundorum".
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Peace and prosperity, hal. And mary too! :hug:

Areanor's loss puts everything else into perspective, doesn't it? How hard to deal with such a pain, such a void.

Bonhoeffer wrote: “Nothing can make up for the absence of someone we love… That sounds very hard at first, but it is a great consolation, for the gap, as long as it remains unfilled, preserves the bonds between us. God doesn’t fill the gap; God keeps it empty and so helps us keep alive our deeper and richer memories… Gratitude changes the pangs into tranquil joy. The beauties of the past are borne as a precious gift.”
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

I wish you all the strength that you need to go through everything, Jewel. :hug:

Good thoughts for all the others as well - especially to Areanor who definitely was dealt the hardest blow.

Myself, I would like to ask you to pray (or send good thoughts) for my husband's best friend and his wife who are going through a hard time at the moment. Last autumn, the wife suffered a total nervous breakdown due to some stressful issues in her life. She was hospitalized for a while, and is still on a medical leave. For some time, she was at least seemingly in a better condition, but now, I just heard that she's got another breakdown. :(
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu
Voronwë the Faithful

Life can be so hard! :(

Whatever good energy I can muster will be flowing your way, Rowan.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Mental distress can be so overwhelming...and so often misunderstood. I pray for peace and hope for your husband's friend and his wife, Rowan.
notlistening

Post by notlistening »

I know I'm not over here very often, but may I ask for some prayer too?

Have not been sleeping very well lately. Very tired this morning as have been awake since 4.22. I did get to phone my friend in Ireland so i could have someone to talk to as have been very lonely lately. most of my friends are married and don't have the time they used to for me, which is totally understandable. Have been thinking of changing to a new church service so I can meet new peoples (while still seeing married friends at the morning service) Don't want to be alone anymore.

end of whine now.

thanks.
Voronwë the Faithful

nl, :hug: You're such a good person. Keep the faith; things will get better. :hug:
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

nl :hug:
It can hurt to be alone with just friends. No matter how good your friends are, you always only come second - or third - or fourth... :(

Nin, thanks for reminding us of Fabian!

:grouphug: to all in distress!
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Nin
Ni Dieu, ni maître

Post by Nin »

For once... I ask for prayers or thoughts for me...

Today has been hell. I have heard things, I never thought a person I once have loved would say to me. It hurts so much, I can't even tell. I know the desire to hurt comes from hurt itself - yet it does not diminuish the pain to understand its origin.
"nolite te bastardes carborundorum".
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

nl, :hug:

Nin, :hug:

Prayers for you both, for easier times and peace.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Erunáme

Post by Erunáme »

Nin - :hug:
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

nl, I spent many years alone, and it's hard. I pray that you will find that center within yourself where you will connect so strongly to Love that all in you is fulfilled. And then I pray that you will find the human companionship that will then be less a need than purely a joy.

Nin, I pray that new life will crawl out of the shards of what is broken, sharp and painful.

:hug:
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

:hug: to nl

:hug: to Nin

I wish both of you strength to get through the hard times, hurts, and feelings of loneliness.

I've seen in my own life that somehow, some day, all the pieces click into the right place. I'm sure that it will happen to you as well.
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu