Alternative healing: meditation, crystals, aromatherapy

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Lhaewin

Post by Lhaewin »

OK, grumpy :)

The muscle test sounds like a good idea to me. I would use a pendulum to find out about the quality of a homeopathic remedy.
TIGG
ta'veren'

Post by TIGG »

When I have done a 'choosing of herbs", the herb/remedy was put in my hand and with my eyes closed I cupped the bottle and dependant on whether my body swayed towards it or away from indicated its rightness.

same principal as your eye automatically going towards the crystal best suited for your needs.

fascinating really how our sub concious knows what we require while our concious often rejects.
da TIGG is back and bouncin'
Face Book ID Kathy Roper ( New Zealand)
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

Oh! So it wasn't any sort of taste test or something like that? Interesting! And you don't choose the crystal based on what it's supposed to do- just how your body reacts? Wow. That makes sense, actually, since my body almost always has non-standard reactions to drugs. I bet the same contrariness would apply to other things as well.
TIGG
ta'veren'

Post by TIGG »

a couple of weeks ago I read 'The Journey' by Brandon Bays.

although some of what she wrote reminded me too much of organised religion and I am a terribly irreligious sort of person, on a level it hit a nerve and I am currently seriously toying with my own Journey, I can't do anything about it until at least late September/ Early October, but I feel more and more it is something I need to do. Confront my issues and perhaps with that confrontation I will gain some healing.
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

Sounds like an interesting book. From the reviews over on Amazon.com, it sounds like people either hate it or love it. I'll keep this one in mind for the next time I'm in the mood for this sort of thing. :)
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

I've become fascinated with crystals and stones, Tigg. I'm glad you started this thread and got me interested in the subject.

When we were in Barbados, I bought a necklace made of hematite and the only piece of metal on it was the small clasp. I thought maybe this would be OK to wear. It turns out that wearing the necklace doesn't bother me at the time... but even just wearing it for one day- I can feel the thing on my neck still for 4-5 days afterwards. :shock: It was really kind of weird.

So, I started experimenting with different sorts of stones. I had a turquoise O shaped pendant on a string, with a metal horsehead on it- so I disassembled it, took the metal horsehead off, put it back together, and wore it for several days with no strange effects, other than feeling a bit more outgoing than normal.

A jade chip necklace didn't bother me, either. I can't say if it helped anything, or not... but it didn't leave a long lasting imprint like the hematite did, either!

Finally I dug out a specimen of quartz crystal that my father had given me years ago and meditated while gazing at it, and found it to be a dramatic aid in visualizing healing energy flow! If I got a headache, I could just imagine putting that crystal to my head and flooding my head with healing energy, and the headache would just fade away! This lasted for about a week. I guess I need to stare at it a while again, to get the feel of it in my hand again, so it will work again.

I read in a book that after you use stones like this, they need to be cleansed of the psychic energy, and this can best be accomplished by leaving them out in the sunlight for a few days. I tried this with all my rock jewelry last weekend, but haven't tried wearing any of it yet. I'm kind of hesitant to wear that hematite one again, since it "imprints" on my neck for so long! I don't know what it's useful for except for "grounding" one. Do I need to be grounded more than I am???

Anyway, the quartz was particularly cool, and I recently bought an "opal boulder" on Ebay, and tried meditating while holding that. It brought me a strange, strange dream (usually mine are boring, slice of life dreams) but nothing else so far. Interesting stuff!
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

Hematite is iron ore, and can be magnetic. That may be why it bothered you.
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
TIGG
ta'veren'

Post by TIGG »

Maria,

great stuff. :)

another way to cleanse your crystals is to wash them in fresh water, spring water is best and leave out on the ground during a full/new? moon.

I put a marker on the lawn so I don't loose them in the long grass.. :D

I need to do this again at next full moon.

and you remind me I must get myself a rose quartz for work.

I have amethyst on my computer both at home and at work. and at work behind me sits a collection of crystals I was drawn to, things like 'tigers eye', jade, a ruby, an 'indian tear'???, a quartz wand grouping and a hermatite.

During our 'troubles' a couple of years ago, when we were in a situation where life was threatened and we needed strength, I bought my husband a hermatite arrowhead shaped pendant, he felt it gave him strength.
TIGG
ta'veren'

Post by TIGG »

scary exciting.

I booked to go on a Journey Intensive Weekend with Brandon Bays in Auckland in just over 2 weeks time.

Today is the beginning of the end for my job, I finish up sometime next week (I thought it was today). And re reading 'The Journey' I realise that with all the other fresh starts happening in my life, this cleansing of old wounds is what I need to go forward.

TIGGers are very intense with their emotions, and I need to learn how to break old patterns and deal with things less emotively. Hopefully this will be the start of learning that process.