It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:24 pm 
1000%

:hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:23 am 
Prettiest City I know!

I have more people that need prayers.

First, another one of my Mom's co-workers friends step-son just finished his first year of college and was diagnosed with Leukemia. His name is Dan.

Second, my mother's friend who had ovarian cancer's name is Kerry (just thought I'd add that so you wouldn't have to refer to her as my Mom's friend from work).

Third, my Grandpa just had surgery for a pacemaker this past weekend. He's going well thankfully but it's been a rough year for him.

Fourth, another one of Mom's co-workers Maria has cancer and isn't doing well.

Fifth, S_O, Taters (my younger brother) and I are going to be flying to California to visit hal Thursday and I don't fly well.

Thanks all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:54 am 
Reads while walking

Holding all of these people in the light, theMary -- and a calm flight to you! At least you have some people there to keep you distracted (I find that helps.) :hug:

I'm especially thinking of the family and friends of the missing man (Parma's brother). A friend of ours went missing this way some time ago; it is terribly hard.

The prayer that came to mind in Meeting last week: "Settle us, Lord, in a place of peace." (in a settling-down sort of sense, and not immigration!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:21 am 
Just Keep Singin'

Prayers for Dan, that he might have strength to deal with his diagnosis, and strength for his family.
Prayers for Kerry, who is dealing with ovarian cancer.
Prayers for themary's Grandpa, who continues to perservere in the face of health issues...may his pacemaker be successful!
Prayers for Maria as she battles cancer.
And finally, traveling mercies for themary, S_O and her brother on their trip to California.

Continuing to pray for Parma's brother and his family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:32 am 
hooked

Hey everyone, I'm not big on things like this, as I like to keep my own prayer's private, but I do love this thread, and will continue reading it, and praying for all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:26 am 
Just Keep Singin'

Can't ever have too many prayers. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:31 am 

I hate to ask since I'm not the praying sort (I do think about things and wish for good to come to people) and won't really be returning the favor, but maybe some of you could spare some thoughts for Iavas's grandad. He's been having problems with blocked arteries in his legs and has gone into the hospital again. The last time he was in the hospital was over Christmas and New Years and was in for several weeks. He can barely walk with a walker and can't even make it upstairs to his own bedroom so he's been sleeping downstairs. His quality of life has really deteriorated and it's been very sad to see as he's such a nice, wonderful, and giving man. It's also hard on his wife, Iavas's Nana. :(

Also, selfish as it may be, maybe some thoughts for me as well. Just going through tough times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:54 am 

Absolutely, Eru. :hug:

Jn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:47 am 
1000%

Eru, I am more then happy to send whatever good energy I can to Iavas' grandparents, and particularly to you. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:08 am 
Living in hope

Eru, count me in as well. :hug:

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 am 

Thank you all. :hug:

Prim, you wouldn't mind if I possibly send you a longish PM. There's more I wanted to say in response to your last post in the Hell thread, but I don't think I want to post it all in public...not to mention it would totally go OT. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 am 
Living in hope

Go right ahead, Eru. I'm heading for bed but will read it first thing tomorrow.

:hug: again for good measure.

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:39 am 

Bedtime for me as well...I'll try to write it tomorrow.

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:47 pm 
Creature of the night

Prayers for all.

Eru, tough times will pass, but I pray you will find strength and peace while in dark places. And I feel sure that nobody here conditions their prayers on whether the person prayed for prays too. Prayer is an expression of love and a trust in grace, and there are no boundaries on either of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:37 pm 
Just Keep Singin'

Quote:
Prayer is an expression of love and a trust in grace, and there are no boundaries on either of those.

Thank God for that! :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:32 pm 
Creature of the night

My thanks to anyone who prayed for the retreat I led this weekend. It went better than I could have dreamed. Many women told me it held a great deal of meaning for them, and I came home less drained than energized. There was a real Presence in the discussions, music and prayers.

Wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:25 pm 
Reads while walking

So glad for you, WampusCat! (I wish I'd been there.....)

Eru, thinking of you. Hang in there through this hard period -- better days will come, really they will. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:25 pm 
1000%

I'm so happy to hear that, Wampuskitty. It sounds like a wonderful happening. :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:01 pm 
Just Keep Singin'

Hello, friends. Here I am, asking for prayers for myself.

Bunch of crap going now at work; none of it pleasant for me and it looks like for the third time in as many years, I will be pounding the pavement again come June. And I really liked this job too...

I am feeling quite old and tired and the thought of looking for another job, yet again, at my age and with 3 kids in college next year, is really knocking the wind out of me.

In addition, some things have come to light about my foster daughter that I am going to have to deal with in the near future...and with the other stuff going on, I am not sure I have the energy to be effective.

So...please. Prayers for strength and support and a whole lotta love.

And thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:14 pm 
Living in hope

Yours for the asking, Jewel, especially the love. :love:

I'm sorry you're facing so much at once! You'll be in my prayers and my thoughts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next