D. James Kennedy Dies

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

D. James Kennedy Dies

Post by Lalaith »

I really liked him. :( He was a great man of God.

But read this great quote:

“Now, I know that someday I am going to come to what some people will say is the end of this life. They will probably put me in a box and roll me right down here in front of the church, and some people will gather around, and a few people will cry. But I have told them not to do that because I don’t want them to cry. I want them to begin the service with the Doxology and end with the Hallelujah chorus, because I am not going to be there, and I am not going to be dead. I will be more alive than I have ever been in my life, and I will be looking down upon you poor people who are still in the land of dying and have not yet joined me in the land of the living. And I will be alive forevermore, in greater health and vitality and joy than ever, ever, I or anyone has known before.”

D. James Kennedy, Ph.D.

Article here: http://www.earnedmedia.org/crm0905.htm

Lali
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That is a great quote. I'm sorry that he passed away, but it sounds like he deeply touched you and great many other people. He definitely would have a good answer, if that question that he heard on the radio that Sunday morning were asked of him.

And may I say that that picture of yours is absolutely ethereally stunning?
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

He just seemed like a nice guy, and I enjoyed watching his show every so often. If I wasn't going to church for some reason, I could watch his church service. Anyway, I realize he's probably not that popular.

(And thank you. I found that picture last night and absolutely fell in love with it! You should see it full size.)

Lali
MithLuin
Fëanoriondil

Post by MithLuin »

He was on a radio show my Mom used to listen to when I was in Middle School. I always thought him a very reasonable guy, and thought he articulated himself well.

And that is the kind of quote that makes you smile for a person who is gone, though I imagine that is small comfort for his family! :(
Tolkien Forever

No Loss.....

Post by Tolkien Forever »

I agree with him whole heartedly......

I told my wife to throw a party when (if) I die & preach the Gospel at my memorial service......

When I say 'no loss' I mean no loss for him. As the Apostle Paul said "To live is Christ, to die IS GAIN'

Yet, I pray for comfort for those who loved him......

"Anyway, I realize he's probably not that popular."

If so, he musta been doing something right for the Kingdom of God.......

'Great is your reward when men hate & revile you for my sake'

And yes, he was quite an Apologist for the bible & the Gospel.......
'I am my beloved's and He is mine; And the banner over me is Love'