It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:58 am 
Aagragaah

Passdagas the Brown wrote:
And "forever entwine us" sounds icky. Should have stuck with the original language on that one!

Well, I suppose "in the darkness bind them" is not entirely inappropriate. :D

‘No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.’
Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 am 
Living in hope

Heh. Indeed.

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:45 am 

Frelga wrote:
And "forever entwine us" sounds icky. Should have stuck with the original language on that one!

Well, I suppose "in the darkness bind them" is not entirely inappropriate. :D

Exactly! :)

Though if they didn't want to doom their marriage from the start, they could have gone with "forever bind us." Or "and through Netflix bind us."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:55 pm 
Lán de Grás

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:19 pm 
Feeling grateful

:(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm 
Aagragaah

Ouch! I wish he didn't have to. Surely there are other Tolkien/PJ fans looking for a rental.

‘No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.’
Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 pm 
Living in hope

That's painful to see. Such a beautifully done map, too. :(

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 pm 

Criminal! :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 am 
Throw me a rope.

To whom does that awesome bit of wall art belong? Can't it be left? Too late to ask that question, I guess, seeing the paint roller is at the ready.

Pardon my typos - tiny phone keyboard probs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:24 am 
Lán de Grás

I found it on failblog.

Speaking of failblog, does anyone have an account with them? I received a notice in the mail that is definitely worth sharing. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 pm 
Lali Beag Bídeach

I get the Arwen and Aragorn thing. Freddy got me the Evenstar pendant, and I thought it was very romantic. But I wouldn't want the One Ring to represent anything that should be good and not evil. :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:43 pm 
chocolate bearer

Definitely stretching the limits of this thread topic: Sesame Street Lord of the Crumbs
http://youtu.be/8nN9lNJuqG4

And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

~ Albert Camus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 pm 
halo optional

Well, if you leave the meaning of the Ring (and what's written on it) aside, the script is quite beautiful.

I detect a bit of irony here. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:52 pm 
Living in hope

Noooo! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:32 am 

Lego The Hobbit in 72 seconds! :rofl: (SPOILER if you haven't read the book, obviously!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:27 pm 

That was great. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm 
Feeling grateful

Particularly the stuff after the end.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm 

The most Epic Safety Video Ever, from Air NZ - enjoy!

ETA: Mind you, I had to smile wryly at the comment on TORn that

Quote:
It's kind of sad that an Air New Zealand ad has more location shooting than the Hobbit....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:06 am 

Exactly my thought! That footage looks better than anything I saw in the BOFA trailer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm 

Kabam and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Launch ‘The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth’

Quote:
Kabam, the leader in the western world for free-to-play games for traditional players, together with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, have just released The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth, an all-new role playing and character collection game featuring beloved characters from The Lord of the Rings. The game is now available for free download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices on the App Store and for Android devices from Google Play.

The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth is a role playing and character collection game where players follow Gandalf’s guidance and choose to play as a Dwarf, Elf, Human or Hobbit. On their quest, players will annihilate forces of evil throughout The Lord of the Rings universe and recruit iconic characters such as Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Frodo and others to strategically build their fellowships. Each hero possesses unique abilities, allowing each fellowship combination to unleash powerful skills. Players can combat the wicked Sauron’s evil forces in team-based battles, launch their fellowships into the player vs. player arena or face other fellowships around the world. Game features include:

Summon legendary heroes from The Lord of the Rings universe
◾Recruit more than 100 characters with special abilities in the quest to vanquish evil.
◾Amass the most powerful fellowship in Middle-earth by enhancing and evolving your favorite characters.

Experience the world of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
◾Explore the visually stunning 3D world of Eriador and other regions such as Rohan, Gondor and Mordor coming in later expansion packs.
◾Control up to three teams of different heroes and wage epic battles against the forces of evil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next