Middle-earth [formerly LotR] in New Media

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Middle-earth [formerly LotR] in New Media

Post by Frelga »

Passdagas the Brown wrote:And "forever entwine us" sounds icky. Should have stuck with the original language on that one!
Well, I suppose "in the darkness bind them" is not entirely inappropriate. :D
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Heh. Indeed.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Frelga wrote:
Passdagas the Brown wrote:And "forever entwine us" sounds icky. Should have stuck with the original language on that one!
Well, I suppose "in the darkness bind them" is not entirely inappropriate. :D
Exactly! :)

Though if they didn't want to doom their marriage from the start, they could have gone with "forever bind us." Or "and through Netflix bind us."
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:(
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Ouch! I wish he didn't have to. Surely there are other Tolkien/PJ fans looking for a rental.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

That's painful to see. Such a beautifully done map, too. :(
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Criminal! :(
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

To whom does that awesome bit of wall art belong? Can't it be left? Too late to ask that question, I guess, seeing the paint roller is at the ready.

Pardon my typos - tiny phone keyboard probs.
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

I found it on failblog.

Speaking of failblog, does anyone have an account with them? I received a notice in the mail that is definitely worth sharing. :D
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

I get the Arwen and Aragorn thing. Freddy got me the Evenstar pendant, and I thought it was very romantic. But I wouldn't want the One Ring to represent anything that should be good and not evil. :scratch:
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Definitely stretching the limits of this thread topic: Sesame Street Lord of the Crumbs
http://youtu.be/8nN9lNJuqG4
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

Passdagas the Brown wrote:Well, if you leave the meaning of the Ring (and what's written on it) aside, the script is quite beautiful.
I detect a bit of irony here. :)
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Noooo! :shock:
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Lego The Hobbit in 72 seconds! :rofl: (SPOILER if you haven't read the book, obviously!)

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

That was great. :D
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Particularly the stuff after the end.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

The most Epic Safety Video Ever, from Air NZ - enjoy!

ETA: Mind you, I had to smile wryly at the comment on TORn that
It's kind of sad that an Air New Zealand ad has more location shooting than the Hobbit....
~Diana Cortes
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Exactly my thought! That footage looks better than anything I saw in the BOFA trailer.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Kabam and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Launch ‘The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth’
Kabam, the leader in the western world for free-to-play games for traditional players, together with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, have just released The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth, an all-new role playing and character collection game featuring beloved characters from The Lord of the Rings. The game is now available for free download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices on the App Store and for Android devices from Google Play.

The Lord of the Rings: Legends of Middle-earth is a role playing and character collection game where players follow Gandalf’s guidance and choose to play as a Dwarf, Elf, Human or Hobbit. On their quest, players will annihilate forces of evil throughout The Lord of the Rings universe and recruit iconic characters such as Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Frodo and others to strategically build their fellowships. Each hero possesses unique abilities, allowing each fellowship combination to unleash powerful skills. Players can combat the wicked Sauron’s evil forces in team-based battles, launch their fellowships into the player vs. player arena or face other fellowships around the world. Game features include:

Summon legendary heroes from The Lord of the Rings universe
◾Recruit more than 100 characters with special abilities in the quest to vanquish evil.
◾Amass the most powerful fellowship in Middle-earth by enhancing and evolving your favorite characters.

Experience the world of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
◾Explore the visually stunning 3D world of Eriador and other regions such as Rohan, Gondor and Mordor coming in later expansion packs.
◾Control up to three teams of different heroes and wage epic battles against the forces of evil.
~Diana Cortes