Oldest and Fatherless

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Old_Tom_Bombadil wrote:I would post more often if I thought anyone were interested in my adventures in Middle-earth via Lord of the Rings Online. See the thread Move to Middle-earth.
I played it for the entire summer and a bit of Fall last year. Man, that game is addictive. I had to stop. Its either LOTRO or try and get tenure. I chose the latter. :P
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

That's why I've never gone near it. It looks fascinating and beautiful and fun. It's not that I'm not interested, it's that I have a family to support. :help:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Old_Tom_Bombadil wrote:I would post more often if I thought anyone were interested in my adventures in Middle-earth via Lord of the Rings Online. See the thread Move to Middle-earth.
I would certainly be interested in reading about said adventures!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

I'm always interested Tom. I don't play as much as I would like, but I have a Level 64 Champion that I'm trying to get through the Epic quests before I tackle the Isengard expansion.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

I did not know that you were still playing, Alatar. Considering that no one had responded to the last three posts that I had made in the 'Move' thread I had my doubts. Between family, work, and performing (with undoubtedly lots of rehearsal) I figured you had precious little time to devote to a silly game.

Anyway, this thread has been hijacked enough. Back to Bombadil! :D