Too Short?

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
BrianIsSmilingAtYou

Post by BrianIsSmilingAtYou »

Primula_Baggins wrote:Brian, I can't stand it any more. I have to speak up. Because, really, someone has to say it.

Your niece is utterly adorable!

<phew>
I'll have to post some more pictures of her. I have some great video, but it is probably too big.

My nephews are quite handsome young lads, as well.

BrianIs :) AtYou

All of my nieces and nephews at my godson/nephew Nicholas's Medical School graduation. Now a neurosurgical resident at University of Arizona, Tucson.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Alatar wrote:I'm looking at buying it also, but then I came across this:

Can anyone recommend it?
I got the LotR Readers Companion in the post yesterday. Looking forward to reading it! It's a very attractive book apart from anything else. One of the very first things worth mentioning is the cover art which is a Tolkien Illustration, similar to many of his others, which shows the elvish script of another section of the ring verse. The words "Mordor" and "Shadow" are reversed, giving us the line "in the land of Shadows where the Mordor lies". Still, it's nice to see more of the ring verse in Tengwar!

EDIT: My apologies, its actually the Runic letters, not the tengwar that show that line.

It's hard to see here:
Voronwë the Faithful

Al, I got my copy in the mail today as well.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

You'll be glad to know I also found what look like matching copies of the last two volumes on HoME on Amazon.com I ordered them based on the cover art displayed. I hope they are physically the same size as my other 10 volumes. It would be a pity to have waited this long and then end up with a mismatched set.

Alatar
Voronwë the Faithful

That's great. I remember you mentioning that before. Maybe we'll see you in the Athrabeth thread. :)