Some Thoughts on Disagreeing

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Scribbles, it made good sense to me. Of course, as I have often said, sense is what you make of it. :)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Re: Some Thoughts on Disagreeing

Post by WampusCat »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:Even on hot-bottom issues on which people are not likely to change their minds, I still see great value in at least developing a better sense of why different people of good hold different views on these subjects.
I'm sorry, Voronwë, but I must vehemently disagree.

This is simply not an appropriate forum in which to discuss "hot-bottom" issues, however exciting you may find them.

;)
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:shock:

:oops:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

*restrains self from making totally inappropriate and immature comment*

*really restrains self*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

*goes back to check*

Lord have mercy, he really said that!

:D
Lurker
Crazy Canuck

Post by Lurker »

Interesting thread.

I love debating as well and I never ever get offended, really, my wife says I have the patience of a saint. I don't know about that, since I may have the patience of a saint but you would not want to cross my path when I'm angry.

What really irks me when I'm debating on a messageboard is that some people will say "I don't like the death penalty or Bush is an idiot" without even explaining why they stand behind that issue or why they made that comment. I guess, I'm the kind of person who always asks the question "Why?" or always looking for the facts.