Ed Bradley

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Ed Bradley

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I wanted to acknowledge the passing of an important figure in American journalism. Ed Bradley was one of the first influencial mainstream African-American journalists. Before his long tenure on 60 Minutes, he was CBS's first black White House correspondent, and before that he was a highly regarded reporter of the Vietnam war. He was a great role model for African-Americans who saw him in such high profile venues. But even more, he was a good role model for everyone, because he showed that an interviewer could be tough and uncompromising without being rude or disrespectful. And that one could be serious, without being staid (particularly when he showed up with that earring!).

And he loved jazz!

He will be missed, but he won't be forgotten.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

I remember him reporting from Vietnam.

He was awfully young to die, as these things go. I was sorry to hear of his death.
Dig deeper.
Lurker
Crazy Canuck

Post by Lurker »

Amen to that (esp. his fondness for jazz! :love: )!

I often admire him for his interview questions, man, that guy can ask questions that can incriminate a criminal or a politician to say things he shouldn't be saying on live TV without him/her knowing it. :bow: You know, not the "in your face" type of questioning but very very subtle that the guy/gal would just blurt it out without even thinking about it.

Yes, he will be missed :cry: but not forgotten.
“Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.” - Jeremy Bentham (1748 - 1832)
BrianIsSmilingAtYou

Post by BrianIsSmilingAtYou »

Sad to see him go.

He was good.

BrianIs :) AtYou

All of my nieces and nephews at my godson/nephew Nicholas's Medical School graduation. Now a neurosurgical resident at University of Arizona, Tucson.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Heard about this on the news last night. There's definitely an audible silence where his voice used to be.

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.