It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:19 pm 

Going by the article, it sounds like the Pres. lets his people do their jobs rather than minutely overseeing every detail of what goes on every minute of every day. So in this case, they were doing their jobs at the OMB and he ended up overturning one of their decisions when he found out about it.

I have no idea if the article is accurate or not, but it certainly is a plausible explanation of events, imo, and far less contorted than the one required to support a belief that the whole chain of events was orchestrated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:59 pm 
Meanwhile...

IAWVtF

‘It’ll happen fast’: Trump creates problems and then rushes in to solve them

Putin does this all the time. Blames the underlings for some highly unpopular policy, then steps in to solve a small part of it. Last week, it was "Putin says we shouldn't put people in jail needlessly" with the reference to two imprisoned dissidents. In this case, he wanted the practice to continue so he acted as if it was out of his hands.

“I am not so blind that I can't see darkness.”
Dangerous Beans
Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:49 am 

From the link above, emphasis added:

Quote:
Some of Trump’s reversals come because he is at odds with his own government, and occasionally unaware about what his administration is doing or proposing. While Trump has claimed that his administration operates as a “well-oiled machine,” insider accounts and tell-all books have indicated that Trump’s ad hoc approach to governing is often the source of the very chaos the president ends up having to resolve.“The reason he gets surprised by these problems is because he’s not detail-oriented,” said Tim O’Brien, author of the biography “TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald.” “He has a really short attention span, and he’s profoundly impatient.

Something tells me this would not be a very accurate description of Putin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:58 am 
1000%

Cerin wrote:
From the link above, emphasis added:

Quote:
Some of Trump’s reversals come because he is at odds with his own government, and occasionally unaware about what his administration is doing or proposing. While Trump has claimed that his administration operates as a “well-oiled machine,” insider accounts and tell-all books have indicated that Trump’s ad hoc approach to governing is often the source of the very chaos the president ends up having to resolve.“The reason he gets surprised by these problems is because he’s not detail-oriented,” said Tim O’Brien, author of the biography “TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald.” “He has a really short attention span, and he’s profoundly impatient.

This, in a thread entitled "President Trump's Good Qualities." If these are among his good qualities, I'd hate to see what his bad qualities are.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:47 am 

Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
Frelga wrote:
IAWVtF

‘It’ll happen fast’: Trump creates problems and then rushes in to solve them

Putin does this all the time. Blames the underlings for some highly unpopular policy, then steps in to solve a small part of it. Last week, it was "Putin says we shouldn't put people in jail needlessly" with the reference to two imprisoned dissidents. In this case, he wanted the practice to continue so he acted as if it was out of his hands.

Supporting this http://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/us/politics/trump-betsy-devos-special-olympics.html

English is weird, but I don't give a crap.