It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:50 pm 

The mother only feeds the babies once or twice in a 24 hour period. I think they could survive for a couple of days without her, and maybe by then, it would be safe to return mom to the area.

Nests are far enough underground that the babies would likely survive the fire. Food might be an issue afterwards, though.

And then, maybe the rabbit in question was a male. Or a female without any dependents...

Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:36 am 
Aagragaah

Alabama Senate campaign:

"Kayla Moore: "Fake News would tell you that we don’t care for Jews. One of our attorneys is a Jew."

https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/ ... 0020673536

‘No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.’
Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 pm 

Is this attorney one of their best friends?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm 
Aagragaah

Not anymore, I'm pretty sure.

This should go into a writing thread but I can't figure out which one.

"To all copy editors: We’re Alabamians. Not Alabamans."

https://twitter.com/AaronSuttles/status ... 4534320129

Some entertaining replies to this tweet, like "Yes. Fondly do I recall my days in Alabamia!" .

‘No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.’

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm 
Happy as a clam at high tide (when reading)

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and acknowledge that I don't understand the derision thrown at people who say: hey, I have jewish/indian/chinese friends, I'm not a racist.

I understand that noting a friend is jewish/indian/asian/white indicates that you miht be seeing them as jewish/indian/asian/white and not as your friend. And I understand that having such a friend does not actually indicate whether you are racist/bigot or not (like my parents make qualifications for their muslim friends, but are still bigoted in that regard).

BUT two things:
1. having friends across races/religions/whatever is a good thing - it shows positive behavior, not just mouthing palititudes. AND it opens you up to seeing their differences as non-differences. It's a step towards overcoming your own bigotry.
2. I AM Indian. Just as my advisor IS Jewish. If I acknowledge him as such - why is it wrong?

Trouble began, and not for the first time, with an apple. (Terry Pratchett)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm 
Aagragaah

It's not, Inanna. It's only wrong when "best Jewish friend" is invoked as a defense from the charges of antisemitism after making blatantly antisemitic statements. Also applies to Black and gay friends.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 am 
Aagragaah

I don't even know what to do with this.

The Senate’s Russia Investigation Is Now Looking Into Jill Stein

Quote:
When asked Monday what the committee was looking for from the Stein campaign, North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, the committee’s chairman, responded, "collusion with the Russians." Burr said that the committee is "just starting" its work investigating two campaigns, but did not elaborate.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:45 pm 
Aagragaah

This might be peak 2017. But just a baseline for 2018.

Just perfect.
Dutch journalist to new US Ambassador: you said there were 'no go zones' in Netherlands, where are they?
Ambassador: That's fake news, I didn't say that
Journalist: We can show you that clip now.
Ambassador: Err
https://t.co/8ohIOzmYAc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:23 am 
bioalchemist

Manafort is suing Mueller and the DoJ for indicting him. It's a suit that will get thrown out and may even get Manafort's lawyer sanctioned.
What exactly is his camp's legal strategy here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 am 
Aagragaah

Also here?

"BREAKING - Attorneys for President Trump send Steve Bannon a cease and desist letter citing the non disclosure agreement he signed during the campaign https://t.co/jDybwQenJ2"