Trump's America

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
RoseMorninStar

Re: Trump's America

Post by RoseMorninStar »

yovargas wrote:Hey Rose, you forgot my "favorite" one - that one time he re-tweeted false neo-Nazi statistics that claimed blacks are far more violent than they really are. Something which his supporters do not view as racist.

http://thehalloffire.net/forum/viewtopi ... 33#p312933
Oh dear.. there are so many instances if one has the eyes (and honesty) to see. Makes me want to weep.

Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. ~St. Augustine
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

Just shared that on my FB page, Voronwë.

No words...just horrible!
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:And in the latest edition of "not the Onion":

Science division of White House office left empty as last staffers depart
Who needs science! He's bringing back coal! Perhaps he's also looking into bringing back the ice box and horse & buggy.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

RoseMorninStar wrote: Who needs science! He's bringing back coal! Perhaps he's also looking into bringing back the ice box and horse & buggy.

Make Greenland Green Again!
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Can someone just take him to a neurologist already? Please?
When you can do nothing what can you do?
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

I assure you, he has the greatest neurology of anyone you know. Just the best.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

elengil

Post by elengil »

yovargas wrote:I assure you, he has the greatest neurology of anyone you know. Just the best.
But of course, he's a very stable genius.
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Yes, I'm sure everyone admires his great genes and amazing neurology. He did pass that test, you know. That one that's really hard and not many people can pass (I cringed when he said that and hoped he was just throwing in his usual embellishments because he was implying that passing a test meant to assess cognitive impairment was a real feat for him).
Voronwë the Faithful

River, I'm not sure I recall what you are referring to.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:River, I'm not sure I recall what you are referring to.
I'm thinking River is referring to the Montreal Cognitive Assessment test Dr. Ronny Jackson gave him at his annual physical.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

That's it, Rose. I was a little freaked out about how proud he was of passing.
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks, River and Rose (I originally typed "Rose and River" but I thought that "River and Rose" flowed better, which reminded me of Tolkien's conversation with his mother when he was seven and he wrote a story about a "green great dragon" and she told him that it had to be "great green dragon". Yes, I am weird.)
elengil

Post by elengil »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Thanks, River and Rose (I originally typed "Rose and River" but I thought that "River and Rose" flowed better, which reminded me of Tolkien's conversation with his mother when he was seven and he wrote a story about a "green great dragon" and she told him that it had to be "great green dragon". Yes, I am weird.)
Definitely flows better, like the song Rivers and Roads

Also, there is a whole thing about why English says 'tick tock' and never ever 'tock tick'.
It's really a fascinating glimpse into 'rules' that native English speakers follow without ever realizing it!
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201609 ... ow-we-know

/offtopic
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

/offtopic
Weird and adorable. :love:
/offtopic
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Inanna wrote:/offtopic
Weird and adorable. :love:
Agree. :) I do similar things. /offtopic

I tried to find the Montreal Assessment test online. I saw plenty of sites that claimed they had it but I could not view it/the site was not working. From the way it was described, I would think most of us would pass with flying colors 30/30 (although counting back from 100 by 7 would not be my strong point).
Voronwë the Faithful

Now this I take personally.

Trump: Jews who vote Democrat show 'lack of knowledge or great disloyalty'

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Now this I take personally.

Trump: Jews who vote Democrat show 'lack of knowledge or great disloyalty'

It's probably in response to Thomas Friedman's column in the NYT this week: If You Think Trump Is Helping Israel, You're a Fool

I like Adam Schiff's response to Trump's remarks. Trumps comments/behavior is always so small and petty.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Disloyalty to who, exactly? Or do I not want to know?
Voronwë the Faithful

Disloyalty to Israel, Netanyahu, and Trump himself. Not necessarily in that order,