Political Compass

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

HOW exactly did this thread get to the Beatles? :help:

ETA: I see I've been struck with the page break curse again. This is, like, the third post of mine today that ends up on the next page and makes no sense. Because of that, I mean.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

It was me. I was humming.

Regardless of Lennon's personal life, drugs, home furnishings, etc, he did write some cool lyrics.

*** starts humming "Kumbahyah"***
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I certainly have no desire to continue to discuss this. If the threadstarter wishes, it can be removed from this thread.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

:D
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame