"Progressive" and other political labels

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Ghân-buri-Ghân

Post by Ghân-buri-Ghân »

vison wrote:
Ghân-buri-Ghân wrote:
vison wrote:No, that Scandanavian philosopher would have, though. :D [Can't think of his name. Dag? Ragnar?]
Søren Kierkegaard?

How so?
No, no!! Not a real guy. One of Ayn Rand's characters in Atlas Shrugged. I can't remember the guy's name.

In real life, I knew a man named Soren Sorenson. And another man named Anders Anderson. AND another man named Lars Larsen.

Them Norskis, eh?
Ah! Greenspan's doyenne...

Gosh, I was slow there! :oops:

I have known a Robert Robertson and a James Jameson, both English, but the "saddest" is an old school acquaintance, of Scottish parentage. He was called Henderson Henderson... :scratch:
tenebris lux
Cenedril_Gildinaur

Post by Cenedril_Gildinaur »

vison wrote:
Ghân-buri-Ghân wrote:
vison wrote:No, that Scandanavian philosopher would have, though. :D [Can't think of his name. Dag? Ragnar?]
Søren Kierkegaard?

How so?
No, no!! Not a real guy. One of Ayn Rand's characters in Atlas Shrugged. I can't remember the guy's name.

In real life, I knew a man named Soren Sorenson. And another man named Anders Anderson. AND another man named Lars Larsen.

Them Norskis, eh?
Ragnar Danneskjold, he robbed from the government and gave to the taxed.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-- Samuel Adams
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
vison wrote:
Ghân-buri-Ghân wrote:Søren Kierkegaard?

How so?

Them Norskis, eh?
Ragnar Danneskjold, he robbed from the government and gave to the taxed.
That's it! Thanks, C_G. Yes, Ragnar. Quite the fella, as I recall. :D
Dig deeper.
Ghân-buri-Ghân

Post by Ghân-buri-Ghân »

I wonder if anybody the other side of the Herring Pond has seen Adam Curtis's majestic dissection of the foundations of our current economic woes, Machines of Loving Grace

Part one focusses on Ayn Rand, and is replete with interviews of her acolytes. Moreover, as with all Curtis productions (Power of Nightmares, The Trap) there is an intoxicating mix of hard analysis and humour. The archive interviews with Rand really do showcase her... :D

Was that too off topic?
tenebris lux