Violent Rhetoric

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
halplm
hooked

Violent Rhetoric

Post by halplm »

Well... there was a whole lot of talk about it when the Democratic congresswoman was shot... towards those without cause...

I find it absurdly hypocritical that no one seems to want to talk about the death threats or other threats towards republicans in Wisconsin or any other duly elected representative that doesn't bow to the union threats.

I must admit that whenever I see such an atrocity in the news, I come to this site hoping to see people I have admired for their intelligence addressing such absurdity and such... calling to task the total hypocrisy. Alas, I have been disappointed so far.
For the TROUBLED may you find PEACE
For the DESPAIRING may you find HOPE
For the LONELY may you find LOVE
For the SKEPTICAL may you find FAITH
-Frances C. Arrillaga 1941-1995
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

No one's talking about any aspect of the Wisconsin situation here at the moment, Hal. That certainly doesn't mean we approve of death threats.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Hal, if you'd like to start a discussion about death threats in Wisconsin (I admit I haven't been keeping up with that story and am unaware of these threats) you should do so. Post some links to articles and blogs about the threats and any other news, so we have something solid to discuss.
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame