Executive Assassination Ring reports to Cheney

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
sauronsfinger

Executive Assassination Ring reports to Cheney

Post by sauronsfinger »

This is a bombshell which is one of the most incredible things I have ever read in recent years.

Investigative Reporter Seymour Hersh Describes Executive Assassination Ring
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Interesting, if true. But you have to consider the source. This is a man who famed historian Arthur Schlesinger called "the most gullible investigative reporter I've ever encountered." Hersh has done some good work, primarily back in the Vietnam era, but in recent years he has taken to making wild, dramatic, completely unsubstantiated claims that turn out to be completely untrue. Like his "scoop" that we were about to attack Iran, that turned out to be complete moonshine.

Unless this proves to be backed up by credible reporting, I dismiss it completely. It is actually quite irresponsible to be spreading this type of thing without firm proof.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

I agree with your assessment Voronwë. It is worth keeping on an eye on this as it has the potential to be one very huge story.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

To be quite honest, I don't know if I am hoping that Hersh can come up with the goods, or if I am hoping that he cannot. On the one hand, part of me would like to see Cheney caught red-handed. But I am horrified at the idea that it really reached this level. Sadly, I expect that Hersh's evidence will not be sufficient to conclusively determine one way or the other.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."