Media Bias?

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
solicitr

Post by solicitr »

Clarification:

There is no need to negotiate with enemy nations we can destroy with impunity if necessary.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

So, short of destroying them, how do we get what we want from them if we must not shorten our Big Stick by talking to them?
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
solicitr

Post by solicitr »

We don't *negotiate* with them, which implies making concessions. We can 'talk' , if that means making demands, like we are doing with Iran currently, and as we did for twelve long years with Saddam.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Obama did not say "negotiate." He said "talk." So that's okay, then.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Infidel

Post by Infidel »

Alaska "Journalists" Plot Joe Miller Hit Piece
http:/joemiller.us - transcript:

TRANSCRIPT OF KTVA AUDIO FROM OCTOBER 28,

FEMALE REPORTER: That's up to you because you're the expert, but that's what I would
do...I'd wait until you see who showed up because that indicates we already know
something...

[Laughter]

[INAUDIBLE]

FEMALE REPORTER: Child molesters...

MALE REPORTER: Oh yeah... can you repeat Joe Miller's...uh... list of people, campaign
workers, which one's the molester?

[INAUDIBLE]

FEMALE VOICE: We know that out of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of
them will be a registered sex offender.

[Laughter]

MALE REPORTER: You have to find that one person...

[INAUDIBLE]

FEMALE REPORTER: And the one thing we can do is ....we won't know....we won't know but
if there is any sort of chaos whatsoever we can put out a twitter/facebook alert: saying what
the... 'Hey Joe Miller punched at rally.'

FEMALE REPORTER: Kinda like Rand Paul...I like that.

[Laughter]

FEMALE REPORTER: That's a good one.
Youtube audio here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJwivHIDvuM

More coverage here:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/31/m ... ing-smear/

Miller campaign statement:
Anchorage, Alaska. October 30, 2010 — In an apparent accidental voice mail message left on the cell phone of Joe Miller’s spokesperson, Randy DeSoto, what is believed to be the news director for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, along with assignment editor Nick McDermott, and other reporters, openly discuss creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller. The voice mail message was later authenticated by Mr. McDermott, who sent a text to DeSoto stating “Damn iPhone . . . I left you a long message. I thought I hung up. Sorry.”
-----
'We have to be fanatics for democracy because we are facing people who steal elections, and they will do even more, if necessary, to retain their power.