It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:29 pm 

Erunáme wrote:
When I was watching some of the clips, I saw that Clinton's people kept saying that she's won the popular vote? Is that really so? I thought I've read in this thread or the other that that isn't true.

Eru, here is very good breakdown of the popular vote count using different methods of counting the votes:

2008 Democratic Popular Vote

Clinton has won under three different scenarios:

1 - the popular vote counting Michigan but not giving any of Michigan’s uncommited votes to Obama and not counting Iowa, Nevada, Washington & Maine, which were caucus states that have not released popular vote counts.

2 - the popular vote counting Michigan but not giving any of Michigan’s uncommited votes to Obama, and including estimates for the caucus states of Iowa, Nevada, Washington & Maine.

3 - the popular vote counting Michigan and giving Michigan’s uncommited votes to Obama but not counting the caucus states.

Basically, Clinton wins if you don’t count the caucus states and if you give her the Michigan votes without giving Obama anything. It is, in my opinion, a meaningless distinction at best and a downright dishonest and misleading one at worst.

I also noted that she brought it up again in her speech last night. I can’t for the life of me figure out how claiming that she beat the presumptive nominee is going to convince said nominee to pick her as his running mate. I clearly don’t understand politics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 pm 

READ ME GOL' DURNIT!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 pm 
Living in hope

DANG! :D

:rofl:

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:31 am 
Pleasantly Twisted

I loved the "media-imposed framework of games won" part. :D

Resentment is no excuse for baldface stupidity.
-- Garrison Keillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:51 am 
Best friends forever

I read this somewhere else. It's great, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 am 
Creature of the night

:rofl: Perfect!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23