New Sideshow Weta Diorama range announced.

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Alatar
of Vinyamar

New Sideshow Weta Diorama range announced.

Post by Alatar »

Yay! More ways for me to spend my hard earned cash.

Here's the video preview of "Frodo and Gollum - The Crack of Doom"
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2567
We’re proud to announce that our The Lord of the Rings product range is expanding!

Next week, you’ll get your first glimpse at the newest LOTR collectible series; The Lord of the Rings Diorama line. Many of the designs for these dioramas have been drawn from the most dynamic and dramatic confrontations in the films, although not all will be so conflict-oriented. The size and scale will vary, as well as the complexity and price, but many will be in approximately 1:9 scale, not unlike the Sideshow/Marvel ‘VS’ line of dioramas.

“We’re excited to delve further into Middle-earth in a new and exciting way,” says Tom Gilliland, Sideshow’s Creative Director. “With the Premium Format and 12-inch lines, our goal is to capture the best representation of each individual character. With the new The Lord of the Rings Diorama series, we can explore a little more of the character relationships and conflicts, and capture some of the magic from favorite scenes. The first two pieces in the line really show the range of this series, very different from one another in size and complexity, but I think they’re all very successful at what they convey and celebrate about the movies.”

Remember to keep a close eye on our weekly newsletters to get your first glimpse at the premiere piece in this series…coming soon! We encourage you to use the comments section, below, to take your best guess as to which scene we have chosen to bring to life first, plus list your personal favorite LOTR ‘diorama moments’.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

I have to say that this looks seriously awesome!!! :D
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame