2007 Lord of the Rings Calendar

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

2007 Lord of the Rings Calendar

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Does anyone else have the 2007 Lord of the Rings calendar illustrated by Alan Lee? It appears to be an offspring of Lee's LOTR Sketchbook. How beautiful it is!

All last month I enjoyed the work featuring Gandalf and Frodo. Today being the first day of February, I'm admiring the depiction of Old Man Willow, and the smaller image of Tom Bombadil.

You may remember that I used the latter as my avatar for awhile. What's really cool is that I saw the original sketch when Alan brought it to a book signing in San Francisco. (That was December '04, I believe.)

It's really a splendid calendar. If you can find one I highly recommed purchasing it. You can probably get a nice discount on it. ;)
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Its gorgeous. Probably the best calendar of the last 20 years ( I started collecting in 1986, so I'm not indulging in hyperbole).

In fact I have 2, one for Home and one for Work!
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Wow, sounds lovely. I haven't seen it around, but will keep a lookout for it!!

thanks, folks
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude